Golf Forum banner

Photos of your clubs

131K views 434 replies 57 participants last post by  Mackinaw Fats 
#1 · (Edited)
Anybody interested in posting pictures of their favorite Golf Gear and Equipment???? (Clubs, Bags, Shoes, Gloves, favorite grips, clothing, etc, etc, whatever)Don't be shy or lazy! Don't hate - Participate! :D :thumbsup:

...I'll post some pix tonight after I get outta my office.

#2 · (Edited)
here's some stuff:

Taylor Made R7 XD iron reverse cone/tungsten weighted

Driver -R5 Dual Type 'D'

Driver again. 4 month old picture, now has a UST V2 graphite shaft

my bag

SORRY. Could only post 4 images (don't know why it's set up like that?)

#3 ·
Guess no one else owns golf equipment or gear:dunno: :rolleyes:

#4 ·
Platinum_Shafts said:
Guess no one else owns golf equipment or gear:dunno: :rolleyes:
Lol. For me it's a matter of not owning a digital camera, rather than golf equipment.

#5 ·
Where you at Golfbum? I know you've got gear .....and a digital camera (or at least a cell phone with a camera) lol

#6 · (Edited)
I'm not sure how the picture of the regular shaft set wound up in this old post, but this is an edut to fix it. All Titleist, 907 driver, 905 3 wood, 585 hybrids, (already ditched), 690cb irons with Rifle shafts, 52 and 56 degree Vokey wedges and the putter of the day... currently an old bronze Phoenix factory Ping Anser.

Wonder what happened to the old picture???

#7 ·
Platinum_Shafts said:
Where you at Golfbum? I know you've got gear .....and a digital camera (or at least a cell phone with a camera) lol

1. :D My sticks are still in the car. I'll bring them in and take some photos. Nothing special here though. Cobra 454 driver, Titleist 904F fairway woods, Ping G2 irons, one TM Wedge, one Vokey SM and a TM Fontana putter. All stuffed into a G5 bag.

#8 ·
nice gear, Dennis. Love those irons. How's that putter workin' out for you? What did you putt with before?

Golfbum, sounds like some nice gear.... post it!

#9 ·
For quite a few years, I used an old fashioned Toney Penna flanged blade, similar to what Jack Nicklaus became famous with. I've had it since around the mid 60's, when I used it in high school. I still have it, but I went through about a dozen modern style putters before I found the Taylormade Imola that I have in my bag now. The putter in the bag when the picture was taken was an Alien that I got online for $20. It felt really good, but I just couldn't line that thing up to save my life.

#10 · (Edited)
OK here are some photos of my twigs.
Cobra Comp 454 10.5
Titleist 904F 19*
TaylorMade Mid Rescues 22 & 25*
Ping G2's 5-PW
RAC Satin 52
Vokey SM 56
& The Money Club, a TaylorMade Ros Fontana CGB. My backup is a YES TRACY II.
Back up irons are Wishon 550C's.

Neatly stuffed into a Ping G5 Extreme Carry Bag I only carry 13 clubs as I rarely carry my 3 wood. I will add a 58* 12* bounce SW next summer. The course I work at and will do most of my golfing at has very soft sand so I need so more bounce on my SW.

My clubs are clean, always clean. You have to keep the grooves clean in order to hit quality golf shots. Plus I manage the Back Shop/ Club Storage at the course I work at. So I set the standards with my clubs, and all members clubs meet the same standards.

My Driver headcover, SAN JOSE SHARKS! I know Joe Thornton personally and I was PUMPED when he got traded to my favorite NHL Team :thumbsup:

Attachments

#11 ·
Golfbum said:
OK here are some photos of my twigs.
Cobra Comp 454 10.5
Titleist 904F 19*
TaylorMade Mid Rescues 22 & 25*
Ping G2's 5-PW
RAC Satin 52
Vokey SM 56
& The Money Club, a TaylorMade Ros Fontana CGB. My backup is a YES TRACY II.
Back up irons are Wishon 550C's.

Neatly stuffed into a Ping G5 Extreme Carry Bag I only carry 13 clubs as I rarely carry my 3 wood. I will add a 58* 12* bounce SW next summer. The course I work at and will do most of my golfing at has very soft sand so I need so more bounce on my SW.

My clubs are clean, always clean. You have to keep the grooves clean in order to hit quality golf shots. Plus I manage the Back Shop/ Club Storage at the course I work at. So I set the standards with my clubs, and all members clubs meet the same standards.

My Driver headcover, SAN JOSE SHARKS! I know Joe Thornton personally and I was PUMPED when he got traded to my favorite NHL Team :thumbsup:

nice gear!

#12 ·
Platinum_Shafts said:
nice gear!
Thanks. I am pretty sure I will change drivers next summer. However I want to get on the Vector to check the spin rate before I buy. Of course, this will be done outdoors. I will also replace the Vokey SM for a 58* wedge with higher bounce due to soft sand at the course.
I am also looking at another set of forged irons, so there could be a change there too.

#13 ·
I wish I had enough money to buy good clubs. I had to bring back my TM Draw because it was too low of loft :(

#14 ·
Topflite_d2 said:
I wish I had enough money to buy good clubs. I had to bring back my TM Draw because it was too low of loft :(
what kind of irons do you hit with now??

#22 ·
I use Golden Ram Muscle back tour grind's. I'll post some pictures of my entire set after I get done repairing my hybrid's crown paint.
The nice thing about the locally owned golf retail store is this. Lots of quality used clubs. My G2 irons came from there, $500, like new. My Fontana, $50.
You need to spend less on that Honda and more on some good clubs :D
LOL yeah the Honda is in the basement getting ready for next season. I think I will pick up a cheap driver and take some lessons at Nevada Bob's this winter before the boy's high school golf season starts.

#15 ·
Topflite_d2 said:
The nice thing about the locally owned golf retail store is this. Lots of quality used clubs. My G2 irons came from there, $500, like new. My Fontana, $50.
You need to spend less on that Honda and more on some good clubs :D

#16 ·
Golfbum said:
Thanks. I will also replace the Vokey SM for a 58* wedge with higher bounce due to soft sand at the course.
what manufacturer are you lookin at for the new wedge?

Golfbum said:
I am also looking at another set of forged irons, so there could be a change there too.
stickin' with Pings??

#17 ·
Platinum_Shafts said:
what manufacturer are you looking at for the new wedge?

I am looking at the new Srixon wedges, man those things have an aggressive face mill job on them!

stickin' with Pings??
Ping does not make a forged club. The irons I might buy are made by PowerBilt. That company used to be big in golf, not so much now. But they are sweet looking irons. 3-6 are CB's the rest are muscle back blades. Priced at $259 Cnd but I will get them for less than that. A nice set of forged irons for a great price. :thumbsup:

#18 ·
Golfbum said:
Ping does not make a forged club. The irons I might buy are made by PowerBilt. That company used to be big in golf, not so much now. But they are sweet looking irons. 3-6 are CB's the rest are muscle back blades. Priced at $259 Cnd but I will get them for less than that. A nice set of forged irons for a great price. :thumbsup:
mmm hhmm. Cool. actually didn't see that you said forged irons.

#21 ·
Golfbum said:
I bought two wedges today. The new Srixon WG-706's, 52 and 56 degrees, both with 8 degrees bounce. Looking forward to hitting some balls with them but that won't be anytime soon unless I head down south.
snowed in now are you?

#23 · (Edited)
Hey guys here's what I use
I don't have my driver in there because I am repairing the crown. I'll post some pictures later when I finish. Tell me what you think, They are Golden Ram Muscle back irons w/ true temper shafts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.