Golf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had these since Dec and it has taken a while but they are a pleasure to hit. I have a fairly fast swing speed so the light weight Speed Step shafts suit me. They get the ball up in the air stop in a hurry when struck well. The Blades 8, 9 and PW are awesome and I reall love hitting the 7 iron. The forged construction of these feels great compared to my old Tommy 845's. These are not for the beginner unless you plan on working hard on swing mechanics IMO.

Who else has or has hit these? Give us some feedback.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hi Mike

Not related to the irons, but how do you find the 905T?

Have you looked at the R or is there not enough difference to warrent a change?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fitz-uk said:
Hi Mike

Not related to the irons, but how do you find the 905T?

Have you looked at the R or is there not enough difference to warrent a change?
I really like the 905T. I have some trouble with consistancy with the driver though. When struck well it really flys off the clubface. I have not tried the 905R but here there is not much difference aside from it being a little bigger at 460cc compared to 400cc. It should be more forgiving I would think. When I hit the ball well I can reach 300 yards but I normally get it around 270-280 yards. I will be hanging on to this baby for a while.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope you mean forged cuz it looks like u and me have almost an identical setup. I love it man the long Irons (3-4) can be a hassle at times due to the COG. I love the blades I find that if you strike it well the ball goes up and lands very softly on the greens. You can manipulate there irons easily, regular people can go from hitting a draw to a fade. I do think that there not for the below average joe but if your trying to move out of beginner sets atleast give the 5-Pw a shot. They are great clubs and I have noticed a big difference the whole time Ive had this set. Pw is 47* and it really gets the ball out there. Im getting about 110-120 with my PW.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I use the 983k, and pretty much can echo what you have said. I am going to be shopping for a new driver soon, and would like to look at the larger drivers.

I will have to take a look at the R.

The only thing that puts me off is the regularity that Titleist update their drivers. Its pretty much guarenteed that as soon as I pay for the R they will release the Q or something that is marginally different and the prices for the older models will plummet.

milner_7 said:
I really like the 905T. I have some trouble with consistancy with the driver though. When struck well it really flys off the clubface. I have not tried the 905R but here there is not much difference aside from it being a little bigger at 460cc compared to 400cc. It should be more forgiving I would think. When I hit the ball well I can reach 300 yards but I normally get it around 270-280 yards. I will be hanging on to this baby for a while.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fitz-uk said:
I use the 983k, and pretty much can echo what you have said. I am going to be shopping for a new driver soon, and would like to look at the larger drivers.

I will have to take a look at the R.

The only thing that puts me off is the regularity that Titleist update their drivers. Its pretty much guarenteed that as soon as I pay for the R they will release the Q or something that is marginally different and the prices for the older models will plummet.

This is why I am sticking with the T. I will not pay $500.00 for something that is not really that different. I bought my 905 T Brand new with NV for $200 US this spring you cant beat that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flomarilius said:
I hope you mean forged cuz it looks like u and me have almost an identical setup. I love it man the long Irons (3-4) can be a hassle at times due to the COG. I love the blades I find that if you strike it well the ball goes up and lands very softly on the greens. You can manipulate there irons easily, regular people can go from hitting a draw to a fade. I do think that there not for the below average joe but if your trying to move out of beginner sets atleast give the 5-Pw a shot. They are great clubs and I have noticed a big difference the whole time Ive had this set. Pw is 47* and it really gets the ball out there. Im getting about 110-120 with my PW.

Yup mine are forged. All the Pro combo's are. I agree with you about the long irons they are tricky. I added a CPR to my bag recently so I dont carry a 3iron or 5w right now. I just love the blades in the set. What shafts are in yours? I have the stiff Speed Steps in mine. They have been given some negative reviews but I seem to suit them so far.

·
Registered
33 Posts
yup stiff. I think that if you can feel the kickpoint on certain shots they're the right shaft. These shafts are a.k.a TX-90 from True Temper. They get the ball flying high really quickly. If you want a lower ball flight do with the DGSL 300

1 - 8 of 8 Posts