Golf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya im curious what it goes for. 1 baseball that much maybe i should go hit one.

·
Administrator
396 Posts
Wow, 10 big huge ones. Im not sure im prepared for that. :laugh:

Besides, with all the steroid rumors, im not sure its worth that :dunno:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think it is big part of history think about all the great ones he passed its not only about bonds but hank babe etc..

·
Administrator
396 Posts
golfermatt91 said:
i think it is big part of history think about all the great ones he passed its not only about bonds but hank babe etc..
His accomplishments are over shadowed by speculation of steroid abuse. If the league could prove he was on the 'gas', that ball would be worth far less IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty amazing, or maybe disgusting, what people will pay for things their sports hero is associated with. I guess it gets worse though.

As an avid guitarist, I see old guitars that were $300 new in 1960, sell for $100,000 now. The irritating part is, these great old guitars are put in cases by collectors, never to be used again. I know a baseball is taken out of circulation too, but these vintage instruments need to be heard.

A model D-28 Martin guitar made before WW2, (provided it's in good shape), often sells for more than $250,000.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I could find a lot better things to spend 10,000 dollars on like a new Honda 450r four wheeler, or the best golf clubs money could buy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts