Golf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I'm not really sure if I'm liking the graphite shafts on my clubs. The woods are fine...just the irons. Anyone know what I could expect to pay to have my irons re-shafted? would it be worth it?

The reason I'm thinking about it is because I have a broken 8 iron and the shaft needs to be replaced (see the accident thread) and I'm wondering if I should just go to steel shafts. The 8 iron broke and I'm afraid I'll break another one...thing is the 8 irons shaft was really whippy, seemed like it would snap if it was dug into the ground and the 7 iron and 4 iron are more whippy than the others are. Is this normal?

·
Registered
800 Posts
If they are a regular flex, and your swing is pretty quick then they would feel whippy.

I have never been confident with graphite irons.

Id suggest getting the 8 iron re-shafted to steel and seeing how you feel when you hit that.

I would have thought the cost would be in the region of £20 per club - depending on how friendly you are with your local club pro.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured I'd be looking at around $40-50 per shaft to have it installed. I might just stick with what I have now considering that it'll be near $400 to have them all done.

·
Registered
800 Posts
price wise you may be better off looking for a deal on a new set?

·
Registered
316 Posts
if u decide to just get new clubs reccomend

Rac Os2 irons
or
rac rX7 irons

and you nd steel stiff shafts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts