Golf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok so it has to be addressed, is the reason nobody has talked about the Mojo 6 because there's no interest? Isn't it interesting the event calls for the participation of the 16 "top players" yet doesn't specify how they determine the top 16? The PR says this is an LPGA sanctioned event. What does that mean? Why would there be an exhibition after the season schedule has started?

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
Welcome to the Forum firstly.
No I think there is interest in the Mojo 6. Its just no one apart from you has posted yet. One of the reg posters is actually over there atm, he wasnt over there for the Mojo but he is going to watch a bit of it. The 16th player was voted in by the public. I'm not to worried about how the players were chosen I have given up trying to understand the PGa or LPGA player classification trying to do that just gives me a headach. Who are you following?

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
I just had a quick look and only 7 of the 16 are ranked in the top 16 of the lastest lpga figuares that I could find. for example the number 1 Lorena Ochoa is missing theres no Michelle Wie or Karrie Webb just to mention a couple so now I really dont get it....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the Forum firstly.
No I think there is interest in the Mojo 6. Its just no one apart from you has posted yet. One of the reg posters is actually over there atm, he wasnt over there for the Mojo but he is going to watch a bit of it. The 16th player was voted in by the public. I'm not to worried about how the players were chosen I have given up trying to understand the PGa or LPGA player classification trying to do that just gives me a headach. Who are you following?

For me, this event redefines the concept of "silly season." And to think someone actually not only thought this would be a good idea, but was able to convince someone else that it was a good idea.

Surely the problem with the Mojo 6 is the clear deceit that it is a top women's golf tournament with the best players in the world. This is perpepetuated by the LPGA Tour in the way it has promoted the event on its web site and during its last two TV broadcasts. The silly-season events I mention are sanctioned by the PGA Tour but they certainly aren't promoted the way the MOJO 6 is. There is no attempt to make them out to be anything more than fun and games.

Are we taking this too seriously? Maybe. Maybe any argument about golf anywhere is taking things too seriously.

I had been following Sophie Gustafson had replaced Paula Creamer who withdrew with an injury.

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
I'm not sure if it taking to to seriuosly or is it just the LPGA trying to get some hype and the puublic interest. With all the Tiger chasing in the PGA. I think its great that LPGA are doing things a little different. Like where else in the world do the public get to vote in the final player of anything?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
MOJO 6? Never heard of it until I read this thread. Funny thing is, next to watching the Euro tour, I probably watch more LPGA golf (when it is on) than I do the PGA. I keep seeing, and hearing this statement; "Golf Should Be Played, Not Watched". There's even a guy who plays at the same course I do that has this bumper sticker saying the same thing. John Daly said in his last book that watching televised golf is great way to get some extra sleep.

Why do I like the Euro tour? Simple, more golf shots shown, better announcers, and less commercials.

Mojo 6?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts