Golf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have played clone irons since I took up the sport a little over a year ago and have been pretty happy with them. If I hit a bad shot I knew it was my swing and not the club. I recently found a set of Adams GT3 irons, 3-PW with a free SW and LW for $139. I ordered them because once again, I am a total equipment junkie, but I was just wondering if anyone had ever hit them or had tried Adams irons in general. I know I should have asked before I ordered them, but I am an impatient bas..... well, I'm impatient. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I've been impressed with the Adams equipment I've seen recently, but they were all new sets with a couple hybrids built into the irons at the long iron positions. Just in general, they all seemed to be built as well as any big name irons.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got to hit them yesterday. They have more offset than the nike clones I was using before. Took me a little while to get accustomed to that. The weird thing is, and I think this will change when I get more practice time with them, I hit the 6 iron about ten yards farther and the 7 iron ten yards shorter than normal. Don't really like the sand and lob wedges that came with the set. I will keep trying and see it goes. I did have to have new grips put on though, I have big hands and the standard grips are too skinny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts