Golf Forum banner

Any place that describes the distance of the clubs!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  titaniummd 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find a place that will describe the distance of each of the clubs!
example: 4 clubs is used for a 160 to 210 shot any idea's?:)

#2 ·
It wont really work like that im affraid.

Each persons swing is different, power is not always equal.

For arguements sake, 180 yards away from the green, I may hit a 7 iron and but my playing partner takes a 4 iron - we would both end up the same distance but as I hit the ball further than him we would each use different clubs.

The only way to yard your clubs is to go down to a driving range where they have markers set at certain distances. Hit 50 balls using a 5 iron and see where they fall. Then hit 50 balls using a 8 iron etc etc.

#3 ·
fitz-uk said:

QUOTE]

100 percent true. It is just dependant on the golfer. For Example, my 150 yard shot is a 8 iron. usually changes on how I am hitting the ball and the weather

#4 ·
fitz-uk said:
It wont really work like that im affraid.

For arguements sake, 180 yards away from the green, I may hit a 7 iron and but my playing partner takes a 4 iron - we would both end up the same distance but as I hit the ball further than him we would each use different clubs.

The only way to yard your clubs is to go down to a driving range where they have markers set at certain distances. Hit 50 balls using a 5 iron and see where they fall. Then hit 50 balls using a 8 iron etc etc.
thank you very helpful!

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.