Golf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the end, are you going to be better off making your own clubs or just buying them like normal people do? I have absolutely no expirience with this, but I know some people have had great and horrible expiriences with both ways, so what's your take on this?

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you know what you're doing, it's great, as the parts for a club are usually less than 1/2 the price of the club off the rack. All my clubs except my putter and lob wedge are handmade, and I've never had problems with heads flying off, shafts breaking, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is true that if you make your own clubs you will save some money and you will have the pride when playing with it, but I don't think any club I have ever made has been quality. They usually have something wrong with the grip and when it comes down to it I have wasted all my time and money in trying to build my own club that either has something wrong with the grip or maybe it is too long or anything like that.

I find if you just buy your own clubs it will all work out better in the end. But that is just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think that buying a club is a lot better becasue if it breaks it may be under warranty and buy a club is a lot easir. If you go and make your own and it breaks you are out of luck and you either need to make a new one or go buy one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
if you've got the room for the equipment I think it'd be great to make your own clubs... but you gotta be careful otherwise you'll be sued when your club ends up in someone's face by accident!

·
Registered
160 Posts
but wait... back when the game first started there wasn't manufacturers pumping out clubs!

it wasn't until quite recently that it all got clean and massmarket, right? So anyone seen any of those early clubs?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts