Golf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been golfing for a while and i shoot about mid 80s and i am going out for my high school golf team. my parents said that they will buy me a new set ( my old one i grew out of and they were a piece of junk) but it cant be too expensive cus i am growing very rapidly and the last thing my parents want to do is spend 1000 dollars plus on a set that will last me 6 months. i found a ben hogan set that looks reliable what do you guys think.http://www.golfsmith.com/products/BH1905

Ben Hogan BH-5 3-PW Irons w/Graphite Shaft 350$$

PS i wana get graphite because i dont think my swing speed is fast enough for steels. my swing speed is around 90 mph

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would have said that regular flex on steel would be fine for you.

You seem to be very concerned about the amount you are growing.

If you want to pick a set of clubs make sure they are forged, that way if you do have a growth spurt you can take them to a pro and have the lie and loft altered to suit your swing/height.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
The idea about having a forged set so it can be adjusted to your growth is good advice, but there aren't that many forged sets out there with lower price tags anymore. The Hogan BH-5's you mention in your signature are cast if I'm not mistaken. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

None the less, the Hogans are great clubs, but have a reputation for having a slightly harder feel. I had a set of Apex's and later on, a set of Edge GCD's and both were not as soft as the MacGregors I previously used or the Taylors and Callaways I currently use.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ShmocloGolf said:
i have been golfing for a while and i shoot about mid 80s and i am going out for my high school golf team. my parents said that they will buy me a new set ( my old one i grew out of and they were a piece of junk) but it cant be too expensive cus i am growing very rapidly and the last thing my parents want to do is spend 1000 dollars plus on a set that will last me 6 months. i found a ben hogan set that looks reliable what do you guys think.Ben Hogan Golf Clubs: Ben Hogan BH-5 3-PW Irons w/Graphite Shaft

Ben Hogan BH-5 3-PW Irons w/Graphite Shaft 350$$

PS i wana get graphite because i dont think my swing speed is fast enough for steels. my swing speed is around 90 mph
I have the Ben Hogan Apex Edge which are very forgiving and have an nice style. Forged clubs have a nice feel. If you feel that you need more workability then the Ben Hogan FTX is a nice choice.

If you want the Callaway Ben Hogans, here is a cheaper price (I bought most of my clubs and other things from them):
CALLAWAY GOLF- BEN HOGAN BH-5 IRONS 3-PW GRAPHITE - Rock Bottom Golf - Discount Golf Clubs, New Golf Clubs and Equipment from TaylorMade, Adams Golf, Mizuno, Tommy Armour, Ram, Hippo, Wilson, Nike, Bag Boy and Ogio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts