Golf Forum banner

Best low-mid price range golf balls???

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  CJ24 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm still a beginner of course, but even though I'm not very good i think I'm about ready to hit the golf course soon. Ill be taking an hour lesson at my local driving range this weekend to briefly cover the short game, and then the week after I'm going to hit a local course with a PGA professional to walk me through a couple of holes to learn the ways of the game.

Now I'm looking for opinions on the best golf balls in the $15-$20 range. I know that I'm not going to need to spend $40 for a dozen golf balls and my skill level, as i can see myself loosing $80 worth of balls my first day out. LOL, thats not cool.

So what do you guys recommend???

Thanks as always!!!

---Joe

#2 ·
#5 ·
You will find that most of the balls that come from ebay have company logo's or pen marks on them, but what you lose by that you gain in the fact that you have saved a fortune on the balls.

As long as you look at pearl or grade AAA then you should be fine.

I'm not sure about the marks you refer to on the warbird balls, they may be something to do with that particular ball, design etc.

#7 ·
No worries, expensive lesson to learn that.

Pay £12.50 for 3 pro v1s or pay £40 for 40 grade AAAs, no brainer really.

#8 ·
#11 ·
Callaway Big bertha reds are by far the best lower end ball. Don't waste your money on top flites get the big bertha reds.

#12 ·
The arrow your refering to is the callaway logo!!

#13 ·
I would suggest looking into Top Flite D2 balls. They are like 17 dollars or so for 15 and they are not too bad. I haven't used mine too much, so I can't really tell how good they are.

#14 ·
Srixon ad333 always a good buy. :thumbsup:

#16 ·
the callaway warbird has done it's job for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.