Golf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so maybe the answer is obvious. But for this thread lets pretend Tiger Woods isn't a member of the PGA tour. If that were true then who would the best player be?

I really don't know the answer to this. I would probably have to go with Mickelson if pressed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are many variations though.

Tiger is obviously ranked #1
Bubba has the best driving distance
Fred has the best driving accuracy
David has the best score

I think David has a good shot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly sure who some of the players you are talking about. I am going to guess Fred is Fred Couples, and David is David Toms? Who is Bubba though?

Don't rank players based on stats, just post who you feel is the best. Go with your first intuition. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
No not Fred Couples. It's Fred Funk (lol).

I do have a person who I want to win...Tiger. He also has a good chance of winning, likewise with the other players. :D

EDIT: Bubba Watson! He's good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL....sorry I am confusing you I think.

We all know Tiger is the best and the guy most casual fans root for. But who do you think is the second best player on tour? You don't need to base it off of statistics or anything.

By tour, I mean who is the second best player in the world. Sorry if I confused you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rory? Rory Sabbatini?

Interesting choice...not one I expected to be sure. Thanks for the input though!

Other opinions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah Rory Sabbatini. He currently has the biggest income. I'm not surprised either. He has had some roller coaster rides. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He has made a lot of good money, I guess you can base the best player off of how much he makes. That is what matters to most people in the long run after all.

Nice choice, any other opinions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I go with Vijay. I have seen him improve greatly ever since the beginning. Tiger has been hurt on 17th though. Although he made that birdie with a put.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would usually go with Vijay, but he hasn't been performing as highly as I am used to in recent games. I think he is slipping fast as the second best player in the world.

Phil Mickelson is my choice for now. He has been playing very well since last year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Vijay Singh is the best player besides Tiger on the tour.

There is no real argument here, he isn't on a slump and he is the only one who has had a shot to take over Tiger's status as the best golfer in the world in the past decade. How can anyone else be second best?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Come on how cant he next best player not be 2 Time Masters Champion Phil Mickelson. Anyone think there will be a MickelSLAM? I'm a huge Phil fan but no way. Right?

·
Registered
40 Posts
definatly phil by a long shot. tiger is in a league of his own and now phil is kinda pulling ahead of the rest and starting his own league.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts