Golf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a new putter somewhere preferably $80 or below, but I'd probably go up to $100 if need be and if it was a good value. What are your suggestions?

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think that 2-balls are awesome, I do not own one but I have tried my friends. The faces are really soft and it is really easy to control the speed of the ball.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the Half-Moon :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
i currently use a Ping G2 and those are great putters, the G5 putters arnt that good and im pretty pissed off at my G2 right now

had a 4 footer last night for a 2 that would have won me £20 and it lipped out how raging was I!!

I have tested the new Taylormade Rossa Monza putters and they are a great piece of kit, infact i am thinking of putting it in my bag as the change may just do me good.

Having second thoughts on the Monza

Scottys are where it's at

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Although I currently use a Odyssey Rossie, I think the putter style I see the most of, whether the original or some other manufacturer's similar design, is the Ping Anser style. I have a Nike of that style that is a really comfortable old shoe of a putter, but the magic comes and goes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
DennisM said:
Although I currently use a Odyssey Rossie, I think the putter style I see the most of, whether the original or some other manufacturer's similar design, is the Ping Anser style. I have a Nike of that style that is a really comfortable old shoe of a putter, but the magic comes and goes.
I like that putter as well... I use an old callaway tuttle hard to control and hit straight consistently. My next putter will be the Rossie or this
Odyssey DFX. Both are on sale for $69

·
Registered
25 Posts
For a good cash to feel ratio I'd go with a ping G2i, for more consistancy go with a larger head. Bigger head=bigger sweet spot.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
A couple days ago I cleaned out my closet and started looking at a bunch of old clubs I have in a spare bag. I pulled out a 40 year old Toney Penna Ironmaster and I have to admit, it felt great. It's funny how the classics never go out of style. The Oddyssy DFX does have a good look to it. I prefer the hosel connection without the offset like my current Nike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i would check out your local golf store like golfsmith and see if they have used putters. my golf smith tight now has a very nice scotty selling for 101$

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Well, the Toney Penna Ironmaster is still in my bag a month later. I guess when it comes to putters, all this new technology is lost on me.

I've even gone back to something I learned in high school. When faced with a 2-3 foot putt, intentionally hit it off the toe. I bet I'm 3 putts pere round better with this than I am with the Nike or the Rossie, although I still like the look of the Rossie a lot.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You can argue that there are best drivers. Or best irons. But with putters, it's all about individual feel. With all the new putter technology, most people can putt just as well with a new, shiny, putter as they can with a circa 1973 putter they found in their garage. All that matters is that it feels right to you.

That said, most people putt better for about a month after buying a new putter. Every putter feels different, and the change in feel is enough to get your attention. Increased feel=Lights out! :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies guys and girls!

Ryan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 is ummatched when it comes to feel. I don't feel like I make more putts with it but I have had it for about two months and have never had a three putt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought the Guerin Rife 2 Bar Blade and I have had better results with lag putting and improved accuracy of shorter putts.

I have a significantly better feel and more distance control with this putter. I like the feel, weight, set up, balance, sound and softness with contact.

·
Registered
5 Posts
taylormade - rossa monza corza - dont let the high price tag put you off - its well worth it!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts