Golf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it sounds strange, but I'm a munchie fanatic and just have to have something to nosh on... anyone else stockpiling goodies in the cart or their bag when going out and what is it?

I WUV beef jerky...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jerky is top on my list along with a granola bar or two and gatorade or propel i usually won't drink any frosty beverages till after my round as my game goes south quickly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hhhhhm...Snacks. Thats a tough one. I usually bring what ever I can fin din the kitchen. But if I had a choice I would bring purple gatorade, granola bar, and an apple.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*burps*

excuse me.

although you don't want anything too heavy... especially when it's hot!

and lots of water... not beer, water - you'll get dehydrated quicker with booze, sorry to say.

:(

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yah, lots of water, this is a cleansing and fights dehydration.

Suggest to bring healthy snacks, I wouldn't really prefer junkies like corn chips and the like... but sometimes these are also tempting... :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
beer

and boiled p-nuts. If you drink one beer every two or three holes you dont give yourself a chance to dehydrate. Keep replinishing yourself with cold beer and your good to go. P-nuts are the snack of choice. They dehydrate too, so add another beer or two to the stock.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just bring water with me. I don't like to snack while I play, so I try to avoid the little cart that goes around with snacks and drinks on my course.

I leave my drinking of beers until after the game is done. Some of the people I play with drink while golfing and I haven't come across one yet who has an improved game while they're indulging. Maybe they have more fun, but I usually beat them in score if they're drinking. I catch up in the clubhouse.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone like trail mix? Gotta put a shout out for the Sam's choice at Walmart - darned cheap and you get a LOT for your money!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love those cereal type bars and always have one to hand - I also like chewing gum - I find it helps me concentrate more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts