Golf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried out the new Callaway HX tour golf ball. I have been playing for 7 years with a handicap of 8 and solid fundamentals. I also play a cut shot, so I always have a little side spin on my shot, which produces a slight left to right shot.

I really like the feel of this ball. It feels really soft to me and it clearly gets you at least an extra 10 yards. Around the green you get some decent spin. It will land on the green and stop immediately. I can't stand golf balls that feel like a rock and when you hit on the green it will run off the green. To me Titleist DT Solos and Top Flite are those type of balls. To get me wrong there's nothing wrong with those balls if all you are looking for is distance. However, if you are trying to get some distance with a soft feel you may want to give the Callaway HX tour a try.

By the way, I am not going to lie to you. Here's the draw backs on it. 1) it's an expensive ball. For a sleeve of three balls it cost me $14. 2) I heard the ball scuffs easily. However, I don't see it so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It does scuff very easily. The HX Tour and the HX Tour 56 are my favorite balls by far. It has a lower trajectory and spins the right amount. But I quit playing them b/c of how bad they scuff.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The new version is more durable

While I still think the Pro V1s are slightly better, HX Tours are a close second of all the ones I've tried (Bridgestone B330, Maxfli BlackMax, Precept U-Tri Tour, Srixon Z-UR).

·
Registered
13 Posts
These things are okay, I play in tournaments that are sponsered by callaway so i have pretty much a years supply of em, but i would much rather have the 56's although nothing compares to the V1.

·
Registered
464 Posts
HanesOnU said:
It does scuff very easily. The HX Tour and the HX Tour 56 are my favorite balls by far. It has a lower trajectory and spins the right amount. But I quit playing them b/c of how bad they scuff.
Yup i have to agree but i prefere the 56 range

1 - 5 of 5 Posts