Golf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came accross X-18, but can not find it on Callaway site or anywhere for that matter. Is this new model? Maybe it's not even out yet?
Any help would be great.
Thanks

-John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I found out,but these drivers have X-18 on them. Could it be that Callaway clubs are different overseas?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't know. Send them an email or call them (go to their site for info).
They were very helpful when I had a question about my clubs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tough question. I can't see why it wouldn't be legit to buy one but I don't get it - it should be an iron if it's an X-18. Maybe the image on the site is wrong and they mean the X-(can't remember the number) driver that they introduced this year.

I think the current designer was hired from Japan so maybe that has something to do with it (maybe in Japan the clubs have different model numbers?). I'd call Callaway before I'd buy it just to make sure it is not a knock-off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CanCaddy said:
Tough question. I can't see why it wouldn't be legit to buy one but I don't get it - it should be an iron if it's an X-18. Maybe the image on the site is wrong and they mean the X-(can't remember the number) driver that they introduced this year.

I think the current designer was hired from Japan so maybe that has something to do with it (maybe in Japan the clubs have different model numbers?). I'd call Callaway before I'd buy it just to make sure it is not a knock-off.
Thanks!
I end up picking up 2 set and already sold 1 :D ... X18 driver is only available in Japan,but it's like $500 on Ebay. I picked up complete set for $1200. Killer deal!

·
Registered
103 Posts
One thing I would caution you on, is to make sure the person you bought the clubs from is an authorized Callaway dealer. There are a lot of counterfeit Callaways that come out of Asia. If you have the clubs already, have a look at the hosel on the driver and on the 8 Iron, they should have a serial number on them. Sometimes if a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is...

The driver that is available here, is the x460, and as mentioned, the x18's are the irons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts