Golf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever played essex country club in west orange new jersey? i have a tournament there tomorow and have never seen the course. im told it is a very good track but no one has been able to give me any details.

·
Registered
217 Posts
jump15vc said:
has anyone ever played essex country club in west orange new jersey? i have a tournament there tomorow and have never seen the course. im told it is a very good track but no one has been able to give me any details.
Sorry I missed the thread. My brother played there. He said it was a fun course. I think it's a bit hilly.

How did you do? Why were you playing there?

I used to play F. Byrne GC years ago (loved those 3 hr front 9's!)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was playing the njsga jr match play and shot 71 to get medalist honors but lost in the second round. i liked the course a lot

·
Registered
217 Posts
You seem like a good golfer. Driver 3 wood and 2i-pw. I almost went with the Mizunos (23's or 60's) but ended up with the Callaway x18 proseries. At a 9 hdcp I felt this was the better move.

So at 15 you are shooting 71? Sheesh, which HS team do you play for?

p.s. I use a Driver, 4wd and 7wd (and 3-pw). I find the 4wd goes further then my 3 did as I get better height and it's easier to hit off the deck. I can get 225 with it from ground or tee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.