Golf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only seen the masters, and one at hilton head I cant remember then name off the top of my head. I would love to see some of the places like pebble beach, if you have seen any of the places say which one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have never seen an event but I hope to one day. I've been saving up some money to go travel where the pros are playing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah money is always the major factor. I wish I could go and see more but I am pretty confined, with little extra cash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah money is a huge issue with the last event tickets being sold at high prices and it does not help being a kid and my parents not being involved or interested in golf :( but im sure i will someday :D :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I used to hate when that would happen. When you were really into somethign and then your parents hated it so you had to make your own money to go whereever you wanted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah :mad: because we go and watch Liverpool but dont go to any golf events ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
:laugh: I was on a role then, my one time to shine :eek: hehe. Well i like going but it would be nice to see a torney once in a while :cheeky4:.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah but liveing the states, seeing liverpool would be my once in a life time event :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ive seen Pebble Beach with my Uncle one year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Deep said:
yeah but liveing the states, seeing liverpool would be my once in a life time event :)
Yeah thats a good point actually, and playing golf in nice conditions in the Stats is an everyday thing aswell :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wheelerm said:
Yeah thats a good point actually, and playing golf in nice conditions in the Stats is an everyday thing aswell :)
Yeah we have some of the best golf courses over here we will not deny it ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Deep said:
oo, very nice prea how was it?
It was awesome, seeing the pros right next to you was cool.

I was next to one of the guys that always says after a important putt, "Get in the Hole!!"...pretty funny.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I've been to the Doral in Miami and the Honda back when it was the Jackie Gleason tournament, in Ft. Lauderdale.

I've been to the Jamaican Open at Caymanas in Kingston and the Johnny Walker at Tryall in Montego Bay in Jamaica.

I've been to the Augusta National course in the middle of winter. The place was still awe inspiring. Someday I hope to actually go to the Masters. I also got to play St. Andrews, Royal Birkdale, Carnoustie and a bunch of other UK courses while there for a month back in 1966.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Carolina said:
I also went and saw the masters. Havent got a chance to go and see any others besides that.
If you've been to the Masters, I wouldn't ever attend another event, as it would be all downhill from there, IMO.

I'm new to this board, but I've been to Doral in 93 (Norman), Phoenix Open in 96 (Mickelson), US Open at Pebble in 2000 (Tiger), and the Fed-Ex St Jude in 02 (Mattiace). All were amazing, but Tiger's 15 shot win at Pebble kind of sticks out. Actually got to play Doral and TPC of Scottsdale on other occasions. The Masters would be the ultimate pilgrimage for me though...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts