Golf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyones favorite course. You dont even have to have played there. Mine is Augusta. Maybe because I have been there the most and its the nicest I have been too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I like the course I play on most of the time, barely any rough, 1 river to hit over, and nice trees for shade so it is perfect.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GolfBoy said:
Well, I like the course I play on most of the time, barely any rough, 1 river to hit over, and nice trees for shade so it is perfect.
What course did you mention you were playing on I dont think I caught that, but sounds like a decent course.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Favorite course to watch a tourney on? - Augusta National by far.
Favorite course I've played? - Glen Abbey GC, or Blue Monster at Doral.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Living in Miami, I've played the courses at Doral a number of times, but quite honestly, the Blue course is far from my favorite. Some of the others like the White, Red, Silver or Gold are much more imaginative.

I suppose my favorite course of any I have actually played would be the Old Course at St. Andrews.

Of any course I would love to play, Augusta by far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
DennisM said:
Living in Miami, I've played the courses at Doral a number of times, but quite honestly, the Blue course is far from my favorite. Some of the others like the White, Red, Silver or Gold are much more imaginative.

I just had to play the Monster because of the Doral Ryder Open, I guess the Ford Championship now, but I've heard that Norman's re-design of the White course is pretty sweet. For a Canadian boy though, I find it extra fun to be able to play the same holes I see on TV...

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would love to play golf in America, some of the courses you have out there are amazing.

About as good as I have got is playing at Hanbury Manor, it does host the odd tour event - seniors I think.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Back in 1972 after college graduation, I spent a brief time as Assistant Golf Professional at Hunting Creek Country Club in Prospect, Kentucky, right outside Louisville. They used to host an LPGA event and the way the course was set up for the pros really made it a challenge. It was a great course that way. I hadn't thought about it in quite some time, but I would have to say I remember that course about as fondly as anywhere famous that I have played.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Do you travel much to play different courses Dennis? Or do you stay with your local?

I am sloping off work in an hour or so and will be playing tonight - cant wait!

I must get over to the states at some point and play golf out there.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
These days I pretty much stay in my area. I hope to take my clubs to North Carolina the next time I visit my daughter. She and her husband, (who plays), live in Raleigh and there are a number of good courses there, even the public courses.

Other than that, I'll occasionally play in Jamaica when I visit my son, but that is rare these days.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was in Miami Memorial Weekend and really wanted to play Doral ($$$$) but I played the little one up the street from it... Miami Springs was nice.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I like Miami Springs too, but right now they're supposed to be going through a rebuilding of their greens and if what I heard is correct, about 1/2 of them are temporary, so it's not too much fun to play. By winter, it should be back in shape. That's the nicest time to play here anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My favorite course to watch a tourney on is either St. Andrews or Augusta. They both have so much history.

The best course I have ever played is TPC Scottsdale, I love the atmosphere of desert golf. On my next visit I plan to play Troon North.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Close to home I like to play The Bluffs in St. Francisville, LA. It's an Arnold Palmer designed course. It's unique since it's built on some of the only high ground around here. My other choice is any course near Pebble Beach. Talk about scenic. You don't even have to play the courses to appreciate them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts