Golf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!, I got this from Golf.com - you might get something out of it. :)

What is Flexpoint and is it important?
Flexpoint simply refers to the area of the shaft where it bends (kickpoint, which you might also hear, means the same thing).

Generally speaking, a lower flexpoint will produce a higher ball flight, which can be good for slower-swinging players. The shaft literally flexes closer to the head of your driver and "kicks" it through the impact area so the ball goes higher into the air.

A high flexpoint, again, generally speaking, won't kick the ball up as much and produces a lower ball flight. This would be ideal for someone who swings his driver very fast, and therefore creates a lot of natural backspin.

But don’t get the impression that we’re talking about spots that are spread far apart. They’re not. The standard length of a driver shaft is 45 inches and in reality, the flex point range is only about an inch or two wide.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yea its just like it says and its pretty important

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow, only an inch or two wide? That doesn't leave a lot of margin for error, which probably explains some of the shots I make.

I'm going to have to consider this a little more and identify the point on my current clubs and see if knowing something more about this can help me, especially on days when my swing is slow. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're welcome, CanCaddy and I am glad that this post from a newbie was able to help a better golfer which is you!!! :)

Keep on posting!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts