Golf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's your favorite foot ball team? Did anyone watch the Patriots playing Chicago in that snow storm?

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
I saw a bit of it on the news highlights hear. Bugger that it's bad enough playing Australian football in the rain.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I love Australian rules football too, I try to catch it anytime it's on TV here. I played rugby in college, so maybe that's where the interest comes from.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Back in August I made my annual "futures" bet at a local race book. My life long favorite team is the GB Packers. Now I also have a liking for the Pittsburgh club. I just like their brand of football, and thought Cower was a great foot ball coach. Tomlin is of the same mold. So, back in August with my first bet I picked these two teams to meet in the Super Bowl. With the second bet, I have the Pittsburgh team winning it all, even though I am a die hard Packer fan. I have already cashed in my first bet, and used part of it to "bet off" the Packers winning it all. Regardless of who wins, I will make money. I will just make a lot more if the Pittsburgh team wins. I have to also say that I do this every year. Sometimes the Packers are not involved just because I know it would be a wasted bet. Over the past 25 years, I have won these bets only twice, and I am deeply in the red. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
my favorite football team is Germany...This country game is too much good and amazing...When they play football game then like a riders of the war......I proud Germany team...
Being of German heritage and having had the absolute pleasure of living in Germany for two years while in the military, I would have to agree that I generally route for the German team. However, "Football" is a different game over here.

Here's pulling for the German football team. "Bitte ein Bit" (I was stationed in Bitburger.);)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Lets talk about college football. Living near the Bay Area at the moment has me excited about watching the perennial road kill team Stanford climb up to 3rd in the nation. I'm not sure they are BCS National Champion worthy. But no one has beaten them yet!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I grew up in Southern Indiana in the 70’s, so naturally I was a big Notre Dame fan for years. I even have an old ND hoodie that my wife has to secretly through in the washer in the middle of night because she knows that I will be wearing it, no matter how disgustingly dirty it is, the rest of the time. But ND hasn’t fielded a great team since Lou Holtz was the coach in my opinion.

I prefer watching college football to the pros and long for the days of Big 10 power football. I’m sick of the SEC teams dominating the college game. I was getting pretty excited about the Stanford Cardinal until they blew their chances at the National Title by losing to Oregon. And yes, I agree with you, anybody but LSU.

As far as the pro game, the Niners are becoming a great story to follow. Coach Harbaugh has magically transformed a team of under achievers in to an extremely competent team.

I wish I had cable because I’d like to see the match-up between the Vick's Eagles and Tebow's Broncos tomorrow night. How does Tebow keep winning?:dunno:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts