Golf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all and thanks for any replies to my post already.:D

I have been out of the game for about 6 years and would like to get back into it. When I stopped playing I used to shoot around HC 21. I n the past 6 years I played maybe 2 times a year. I am guessing right now I shoot more like HC 25-27, but that's mainly b/c I totally lost the feeling for distance and what clubs I should use for a certain distance (and my putting shucks).

My old clubs ar in a different country and I doubt it would be worth it to ship them over here. I had a 16 year old set of Ping Eye 2 and I don't even remember what kind of woods I had.

So, here is finally my question. I have about $1000 to spend for a whole set. I know it's not much but that's all I can afford right now.

I intially I thought about a used Callaway Fusion set + Driver, 3 and 5 woods, and a putter, but the used sets come in around $600-$700 here (CA). $300 for the 3 woods, putter, and possibly a SW is a bit low I think...:confused:

I would really appreciate any suggestion you have for me. Thanks for all your help.:D :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Driver- TaylorMade R5 dual
wood- TaylorMade V-steel 3 wood
irons- taylormade Rac OS2 3-pw
sw- TaylorMade Rac Black 54* 12 bounce
putter- Odyssey white hot 2 ball

total

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so here is what I finally came up with:

Driver: Taylor made r7 dual HT
3 wood: Taylor made r7 steel fairway wood
5 wood: Taylor made r5 dual
Those 3 together were $500 at tgw.com since the 3 wood was for free.

Irons: Mizuno MX 23 3-PW Exar Blue regular flex
From ebay, barely used for $400

SW: Cleveland CG10 56* regular bounce
From ebay, used for $50

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Red X
From ebay, used for $150

$1,100 overall for a set that is quite close to my dream set. Yeah!!:D :D

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow thats really nice scotty cameron putters go for 200+ good find.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm envious. Would love to start new, but those dang Ping Eye2 irons of mine are hard to replace. Did buy some new Taylor Made Steel v fairway woods recently 3, 5 & 7. Never really needed a 5 or a 7 wood at my old club.

Check out www.rockbottomgolf.com I find they have some pretty good prices on the clubs they do carry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts