Golf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's always nice to get a golf-related present for your birthday or some occasion, but would you rather get a gift card so you can buy the item of your choice or risk your wife or friend getting a club that you may have to return?

what's your preference?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lots of people think that the idea of a gift card is a easy way out or something like that....I personally like gift cards, and I always give them to people for occasions. I would rather have someone be able to get something that i know that they want, instead of them opening a gift and feeling obligated to pretend they like it in front of you, when they are actually thinking what they are going to be returning if for. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gift Card baby!!!!!!!!!!

Thumperfive said:
It's always nice to get a golf-related present for your birthday or some occasion, but would you rather get a gift card so you can buy the item of your choice or risk your wife or friend getting a club that you may have to return?

what's your preference?
Man I got a 40th birthday coming up next month along with Father's day...I want all the gift cards I can muster...LOL!!!

I am salivating on some new NIKE golf clubs.....so I need all the help I can get...LOL!!!!

Some people think gift cards are impersonal, I beg to differ. You still have to go buy it along with a card!!!! I think gift cards are the way 2 go....my boys love them...and they are 10 and 8!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gift card for me also

No question. I have very specific items I want. Nothing impersonal about them. Now if it was a gift card from Macy's, that would show my friend or wife doesn't know me too well. :laugh:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Gift card, you never know what they really want, and gift cards just make everyones lives easier :) better safe than sorry!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but do people ask you what you want and you give them a specific list then? Naming clubs and all that? or do you just say "clubs" and let them figure it out?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, i think that if you want something specific, and tell a person, i think thats really rude. But, if the situation is that your at a store and teh person says, "Pick Anything" thats when you can be specific on what you want. Ya know what i mean?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I like gift cards, I cant stant other people picking out my golf equipment.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like getting gift cards too. Gives you the chance to get something that you actually want versus getting something they "think" you want and then you having to take it back.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Haha, of course, gift cards is a great way of stores making profits i think. All they need to do is make some cards, and give out their merchandise. ( i think its especially great for restaurants)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, I'm with everyone else here - gift cards are the way to go. Who wants to have to try to return bad golf clubs or something? It is a much better choice than... for example... cutesy animal head golf club covers that Aunt Lydia bought for you. (That happened to me once - argh!)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Guess the majority likes gift cards, I think it is also good coz it also limits your budget to be on the specific amount. However, it must also be considered where to get that gift card... suggest to be the store where the receiver usually likes buying golf items.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thumperfive said:

what's your preference?
I would prefer a gift card. You see, my family doesn't really know anything about golf, so if they bought me something, I would most likely have it already or wouldn't need it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gift Card, most defiently, this assures you that you get what you want instead of trusting someone to buy you something and they might not get it right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Although I really don't mind either, I would prefer a gift card. I like being able to walk into the pro shop, looking around, and deciding on something I really need.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ma_wilson said:
Lots of people think that the idea of a gift card is a easy way out or something like that
It is because most can not be bothered to get something so they get them a gift card but its like getting money i spose, you can spend it on whatever you want as oppose to someone restricting you to something you may not even want or need.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts