Golf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on ebay to see the prices of some golf clubs. The golf clubs are at a cheap price, but to get the item shipped you have to pay an arm and a leg for. I've seen some companies that will pay the shipping. You pay a couple bucks more, but it makes up for the free-shipping. I guess just watch what you buy, and search around to amke sure you can't find it anywhere else at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought my set on eBay, and I can't complain. The real matter is look around and see what will be cheaper for you!! I got my set, and it was $25.00 cheaper than my local sports store (MC Sports).

Just look around and compare... my humble opinion... :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
eBay is great, but you have to be very careful - check the seller's feedback and make sure you don't get ripped off for the shipping - and while you can file complaints it's better to be safe than sorry!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thumperfive said:
eBay is great, but you have to be very careful - check the seller's feedback and make sure you don't get ripped off for the shipping - and while you can file complaints it's better to be safe than sorry!
Agree!!!! :thumbsup:

Never buy from anybody with feedback below 98%!! Also check, if they do, reasons for the negatives. Sometimes is just stupid stuff like: "I paid yesterday and haven't received anything yet..." But if it's consistent matters of shipping or poor quality products, don't buy at all!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
ditchweed said:
I went on ebay to see the prices of some golf clubs. The golf clubs are at a cheap price, but to get the item shipped you have to pay an arm and a leg for. I've seen some companies that will pay the shipping. You pay a couple bucks more, but it makes up for the free-shipping. I guess just watch what you buy, and search around to amke sure you can't find it anywhere else at a cheaper price.
eBay can be a great place to find clubs and golf gear but definatley watch out for the shipping - this is where many eBayers make the most of their profit. Look around and compare before you buy!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got lucky when I bought my clubs on ebay - the person I bought them off lived just 4 miles away so I went and picked them up instead of paying shipping. Got quite a bargain :) The clubs are nothing special but I paid £36 for them :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, ebay can be great, but make sure you read everything thoroughly, including shipping charges, payment methods, etc. Some people have gotten burned by bidding on things like the box that an item came in (rather than the item itself), so definitely read carefully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.