Golf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys own your own golf cart? How many of you guys just rent the golf cart? I was thinking about buying, but I go to many different courses. You have to buy a trailer, that cost just about as much as the golf cart. I'm thinking I'm still just going to rent one out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nothing like beating your feet upon the lush and beautiful greens and courses. I would prefer the old fashion way then the drive a cart. I have seen people get so attached to their cart that they find it a chore to walk a few feet to swing at their ball.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree also, why not just walk. I walk when I'm golfing alone, but when with a group we usually rent a cart to help speed up the game. My dad works for a steel manufacturing company and a few months ago he customized a golf cart for a local course. He added a whole new frame, with new seats and wheels to make it look like a miniture hummer. Al though it looks really cool, it costed the owner of the golf course roughly $3000 dollars just for the customization.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Walk

Walking is good. The carts also help on those long distance, going from one place to another. To be with a group it's nice to have a cart. I liking walking too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only time I use a cart is when I go with my dad because Juniors aren't aloud to rent carts at my local golf course...I dont like carts anyway I just find them distracting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would love it if I could walk the entire game. The golf bag is heavy though. I'd need me a cute little caddie to carry it around for me. Until then, I'm thankful for the cart that is rented.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I usally just go and walk but when I do use one I rent it because I do not go every weekend so it would not be worth buying it. I know a few people that own but they go every weekend so it is worth it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It never even crossed my mind that you could buy a power cart for yourself. All that extra hassle probably isn't worth it in the long run. I try to walk as much as possibly, I only rent power carts on long or hilly courses.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Phreak said:
I do not rent I always have to go and rent one which is not to bad becasue I can spilt it with who I go with.
You just contradicting yourself completely. The sentence didn't make any sense either. Just a comment. Anyways, you could probably split up if you didn't get a power cart, it doesn't really matter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts