Golf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 11 year old nephew would love to get into playing golf with us. Of course finding a kid-friendly golf course is important, but what about clubs? Where would I find clubs for an 11 year old? What kind of clubs would he need to just start out.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Mea92 said:
My 11 year old nephew would love to get into playing golf with us. Of course finding a kid-friendly golf course is important, but what about clubs? Where would I find clubs for an 11 year old? What kind of clubs would he need to just start out.
You can buy specificly designed juniour clubs (in the UK you can), they go up in size relating to their age.

For a starter set, what I would suggest, 3,7,9,S and a putter. If you must, then pick up a 3 wood.

Before putting him in at the deepend it may be best to get a few hours in at the driving range and putting greens :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I was 12/13 I used a 3/5/7/9/S/W/Driver.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Either do what fitz-uk said or take him mini golfing. That is a great way to start golfing. I started golfing this way and I learned the basics easily.

·
Registered
42 Posts
GolfBoy said:
Either do what fitz-uk said or take him mini golfing. That is a great way to start golfing. I started golfing this way and I learned the basics easily.

the basics of what? putting? i think there's a little more to it than taking a kid mini golfing

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, if you want your child to learn the basics of PUTTING then you take him minigolfing. My Mistake. If you want to get him into golfing, then get him the right clubs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mea92 said:
Finding clubs for him wouldn't be a problem but you have to know what he needs. Is he just starting, or has he been playing for a while?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I started with a PW/9/7/5/driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts