Golf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents named me William, my Marines named me Doc.

I played my very first round of golf yesterday. I went to a driving range with a friend last weekend and took a lesson during the week so we decided to try 9 holes yesterday. My friend who has been playing for 15 or so years shot a 50 but he just switched from steel to graphite shafts so he's still "learning" the clubs. I doubled par with a 73. I really need to learn to putt. I three putted nearly every hole except when I four putted a few. I hit a few decent tee shots and a couple not awful approach shots so I'm pleased. We're going out again next week and doing it again. In the mean time, I'm heading to the driving range a couple evenings after work to get something that at least looks like a swing worked out.

I just recently celebrated the third anniversary of my fortieth birthday.
I'm originally from San Diego CA but now make my home in New Windsor, New York. I left the service in 1994 and became a career firefighter. I'm a Lieutenant with a mid sized municipal dept in NY.

Married 19 years to Lisa the most understanding woman on the planet. We are child free but raise and train Australian Shepherds for stock work, agility and Search and Rescue work.

When I'm not running into burning buildings, I build scale models, I am a rabid sports car racing fan, and in the winter I shoot Billiards and Darts in several leagues.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hi doc,

Welcome to the site.

Have fun mate :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts