Golf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New arrival~ I haven't hit a golf ball in a while. Two years ago the night of Valentine's Day 2019 I was hit while walking by a very drunk driver in an SUV. I was pretty well busted up. He left me laying on the side of the road with a fractured skull, multiple other injuries and fled the scene. Usually when that sort of thing happens, a vehicle/pedestrian accident and the driver flees, that's it. End of story because they are never caught. Our hero was caught. He went to prison. I went into the hospital. A month in a coma and five months before I was discharged followed by a year and a half of cognizance and physical therapy twice a week. Needless to say I haven't hit a golf ball in quite some time. Today being Father's Day I will wait until tommorrow to get to the local range for a few buckets of balls. My left shoulder was broken but I am right handed so I am optimistic that it should go well and be a great outing. Wish me luck! Dan :)

·
Administrator
71 Posts
Certainly will Dan--> good luck to you. When the mind is willing, the body finds a way to adapt 😁

Be sure to give us an update after the event 🍻🏌️‍♀️

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*Update~ On Father's Day yesterday my youngest daughter Erin turned up so we went to the range nearby. It felt great! Well I sort of felt like one of those newborn critters that we see on the nature shows struggling to get to their feet and take those first few steps but I managed. We each hit a hundred balls. Can't wait to get back and will be a frequent flyer ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
New arrival~ I haven't hit a golf ball in a while. Two years ago the night of Valentine's Day 2019 I was hit while walking by a very drunk driver in an SUV. I was pretty well busted up. He left me laying on the side of the road with a fractured skull, multiple other injuries and fled the scene. Usually when that sort of thing happens, a vehicle/pedestrian accident and the driver flees, that's it. End of story because they are never caught. Our hero was caught. He went to prison. I went into the hospital. A month in a coma and five months before I was discharged followed by a year and a half of cognizance and physical therapy twice a week. Needless to say I haven't hit a golf ball in quite some time. Today being Father's Day I will wait until tommorrow to get to the local range for a few buckets of balls. My left shoulder was broken but I am right handed so I am optimistic that it should go well and be a great outing. Wish me luck! Dan :)
Good luck 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts