Golf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be a freshman in high school next year and i am hoping that i will make the high school golf team. I usually shoot around 85-95 on 18 holes. The golf team i am trying out for is very good and they play courses like winged foot im mamaronek NY. So do you guys think that i am good enough to make the team?? And how many people are usually on a golf team?? Any information would help.

PS the course i usually play is scarsdale country club which is a pretty hard course

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will never know if you dont try out. Just go and give it your best. If you dont make it your first try, you will have a better idea of where you need to be when it comes time for the next tryouts. Just do your best and everything will fall into place. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will never know if you dont try out. Just go and give it your best. If you dont make it your first try, you will have a better idea of where you need to be when it comes time for the next tryouts. Just do your best and everything will fall into place. Good Luck!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
482 Posts
There are normally 5 or 6 golfers on the varsity team and just as many on JV. That would be good enough to make varsity around here, but I don't know how good your school really is.

·
Registered
316 Posts
depends on how many tryout

my school around 30 people try out and 8 on varsity 8 on jv i was lucky last year to be one the best freshman playing in between the 2-4 spot played every single match and tourney hoping my self can get on varsity nxt year as a sophmore but my team is really good. as to you i think you should be able to get on jv.

·
Registered
316 Posts
also last year tryouts i shot a 110 and a 103 horrible scores cracked in the preassure but the varsity coach liked my swing came out first tourney shot a 91 or 93 and also saw i had good etiquette fixing divots not throwing clubs etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Geez, we only played 6 9 hole tryouts. I averaged 40.3 on a par 35 and didn't make it. Wish I would have went to one of your guys schools.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts