Golf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any hockey fans here? Im on another site that is linked to here (how i found this place) called www.hockeyforum.com . Its pretty cool, lots of hockey discussion.

Hope to see some of you golfers over there :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hockey is great. Underrated by many because it takes a while to get into, but once you're into it you're hooked. One of the best sports to see live in my opinion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GolfLine said:
Hockey is great. Underrated by many because it takes a while to get into, but once you're into it you're hooked. One of the best sports to see live in my opinion.
LOL, i think a ton of people say that exact line about golf :D

Took me a while to appreciate it, considering i started out with my fathers clubs and swinging left handed (i shoot right) :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't mind hockey, but I'm not crazy about it either. I've never played, and I don't watch that often. Just watching a regular season game I find rather boring, though going to a game in person is pretty fun. I usually watch the championship, maybe some playoffs, and then I'll watch some in the olympics

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jesse said:
I don't mind hockey, but I'm not crazy about it either. I've never played, and I don't watch that often. Just watching a regular season game I find rather boring, though going to a game in person is pretty fun. I usually watch the championship, maybe some playoffs, and then I'll watch some in the olympics
Sometimes i get the impression its fixed, and that takes away from the enjoyment.
I mean, the games youre watching (olympics, playoffs) theyre really turning up their playing level a couple notches. Its as if the rest of the season to them is pick up hockey.... :(
They earn good money, they should be playing hard every game all year.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, I agree. It's not a by chance that a regular season football game can keep you glued to your seat, but a regular season hockey game is a yawner- There are too many games in a hockey season. When a team can afford to lose a game, then they have no reason to win it. In hockey far too many people make it to the playoffs, and there are far too many games in the season. In football only 12 teams make the playoffs, and every single game of the season could mean everything. The Steelers wouldn't have made the playoffs let alone the SB if they had lost just one more game.

In hockey most teams could afford to lose a few games

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, hockey used to be fun to watch until the league expanded so much that every town in North America seems to have a team in the NHL. Then the strike didn't help.

But before all that, when there were a limited number of teams, it was great to watch, IMHO. Of course being a Canadian, we grew up with it and really had no choice but to like it ;)

I never played hockey but when I lived in Minnesota, one of the biggest deals of the whole year was the high school hockey tournament that was state-wide. Really kind of surprising considering that at the time the Twin Cities had no hockey team and even when they did, you could never find any hockey on TV to watch unless you had satellite.

Although I like to play golf, I find it's like watching paint dry to watch on TV most of the time. Sometimes, it can be exciting, but usually I'd rather just watch the highlights later. Watching a game in person in the gallery can be fun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was never a huge fan of hockey. I used to be a Rangers fan and I used to follow them a bit, but as of the past six or seven years I have not really payed attention to it. I always loved the big hits and the fights. I thought it was great when I was a little kid that they got to fight in hockey and pushed me to start to play. Then one time when I was playing, I leveled this kid and I got in trouble because there was no hitting in this league.

Great times with hockey.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hockey's great, but it's getting into the same expensive thing that other pro sports have - you have the money, you buy the best players and win the awards..

:(

·
Registered
52 Posts
I really like to watch hocky but I have never played except for some driveway roller hocky when I was younger. I think hockey and golf are the are a lot different but they are a lot alike just look at Happy Gilmore.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ebittner said:
I think hockey and golf are the are a lot different but they are a lot alike just look at Happy Gilmore.
Such a bad reference :laugh:

Happy Gilmore... oh well, this made my morning....

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm a big hockey fan...too bad the Canucks never made the playoffs :mad: Oh well, gives them more time to work on their golf game right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts