Golf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many golfers have been struck by lightning? Or even came close to getting hit? You see it in movies, golfers getting struck by lightning. I wonder what the odds are on getting struck. I've been out on the course when the rain comes down, but never close to getting struck by lightning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lightning Stikes

I was reading this article on this web page that said, "If you'd like to experience a lightning strike, go golfing one Sunday in July around 4 p.m. If you're really determined, be sure you do it in Florida." Saying that Florida has twice as many lightning casualties then any other state. Tuff-odds in Florida. Also said that, "Lightning reports reach their peak in July."

·
Registered
15 Posts
ditchweed said:
I was reading this article on this web page that said, "If you'd like to experience a lightning strike, go golfing one Sunday in July around 4 p.m. If you're really determined, be sure you do it in Florida." Saying that Florida has twice as many lightning casualties then any other state. Tuff-odds in Florida. Also said that, "Lightning reports reach their peak in July."

Hahaha that is a very odd article, I should go try it.:p

I myself have never gotten struck by lightening, I have a friend whos dad was struck by lighting. But they were standing a certain way so they didn't get killed.

Will

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see the dark clouds coming in. That usely tells me to get off the course. I'm just not in for it, lightning is just not for me. Always another day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i really shudder with the thought of 24000V travelling through me, making a roasted chicken out of me in the process. i can't really get out when lightning is playing games.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have personaly never been hit my lighting but back 15 years ago my uncle was. He was golfing in a thunder storm and decided to take a quick break under this tree near a fence. As he was leaning his hand on the fence a lighting bolt came out of the sky and struck the fence, sending a shocking jolt through my uncles body. Thank fully he is still alive today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Never have been. Never come close either. I don't like doing stuff outside when there's a lot of lightning. I'd rather miss out on the fun than get hit.

Who was that guy that got struck by lightning 7 times, and survived each time before finally comitting suicide?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wondered about this, but I was afraid to ask. LOL. Didn't want to bring up any bad memories for anyone. I would never play in a storm, but I see a lot of people doing it. Its fun to play, but I value my life over making the perfect shot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think it is relatively common for a few people each year to get struck by lightning on a golf course. As soon as I seen thunderclouds, I am outta there, I don't care what the odds of me getting hit are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts