How many wedges are in your bag?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And why?
I have a strong P wedge, 52, 56, and 60 S wedge.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Pw 54 and 64, enough for all aventualities there :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
PW SW its not like i do either well:(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just a PW and SW for me...although I wouldn't mind getting a lob wedge or something to really get the ball up for a short shot...

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I carry a 48 degree PW and a 54 degree SW. I do have a 60 degree wedge, but I've just never developed a feel for the lob wedge. I'm better off opening the face on my SW.

I am considering a gap wedge. I seem to find myself in that middle area a lot lately where I'm uncomfortable holding back the PW and just as uncomfortable trying to nuke a SW.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I never concidered my PW a W but by deff. I guess it is. I'm at 4. PW, 50, 55, 60.

I carry this many because I'd rather take a full swing at 90 yards with a 55 then try and do a half with a PW. Not completely accurate as far as distances go but that is my reasoning.

·
Registered
800 Posts
reins said:
I never concidered my PW a W but by deff. I guess it is. I'm at 4. PW, 50, 55, 60.

I carry this many because I'd rather take a full swing at 90 yards with a 55 then try and do a half with a PW. Not completely accurate as far as distances go but that is my reasoning.
I dont know if you have ever read a book by Dave Pelz? Basically he said take 4 wedges as you have, learn 3 swings that you can replicate, 7 oclock, 9 oclock and 10:30.

Basically if you hit enough practise shots with all 4 of your wedges at the different times of the clock you should be able to get 12 different regular distances for your wedges. Takes some of the doubt out of the swing you are about to make.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i use 52* Gap and 58* Ulitility Wedge mix of Lob and Sand Wedge

·
Registered
12 Posts
I carry a PW 54* and a 60*. I am pretty verstile with my PW depending on the situation. I love my lob wedge when I need to carry a steep incline and the SW is great for 100 yard out and the odd chip

·
Registered
800 Posts
To be honest, the lob wedge I carry has cost me more shots than it has ever saved me.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I just bought a gap wedge and sand wedge to match my irons. I like my Callaway SW so much that it might never leave my set, but I think the gap wedge will get a lot of work pretty quickly.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be honest, the lob wedge I carry has cost me more shots than it has ever saved me.
It takes a huge time commitment for your lob wedge to pay off. Nobody feels comfortable taking a half-swing from 20 yards at first, but that comes with practice. Most people (myself included :rolleyes:) don't know when to use the lob wedge and when not to. They're either too cautios, playing a bump-and-run to 10 feet when they could've flopped it to 3 feet; Or, they're too aggresive, playing a high-risk shot when a bump-and-run would get you just as close without the unneccesary risk.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pw Sw Lw...

47* Pw 53* Sw 60*lw

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to carry 4, but recently upgraded my clubs from Ping ISI to Titleist 735 CM and there was no sw supplied. But its no great loss I never really used it anyway, besided I have 54, 60 vockey spin milled face wedges now and there unbelivable. They cover everything from 110 in and my pw can cover the rest. Will have to find another club to fit in the bag now, the wife will be happy HAHA.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Aaron said:
I used to carry 4, but recently upgraded my clubs from Ping ISI to Titleist 735 CM and there was no sw supplied. But its no great loss I never really used it anyway, besided I have 54, 60 vockey spin milled face wedges now and there unbelivable. They cover everything from 110 in and my pw can cover the rest. Will have to find another club to fit in the bag now, the wife will be happy HAHA.

How do you find the 735s? I wanted to look at them whilst shopping for the mizunos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 4 wedges in my set but all 4 of them are not necessarily in my bag. It really depends upon the course I am playing. I sometimes drop the lob wedge or the gap wedge in favor of carrying my 13* fairway wood.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts