Golf Forum banner

How much money will you pay for a round of golf (18 holes, USD currency)?

• $20 or lower

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • $21-$50

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • $51-$99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100 or more

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll pay up to $50 a round for 18 holes. There are many courses around that won't break the bank but still give you an enjoyable round. I know that Cog Hill costs around $300 or something to play but it's supposed to be great. It's where they used to host the Western Open (Chicagoland area). What does everybody think?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I play 10$ for 9 holes at my home coarse, then i thought that I would take it up a knotch and I had to pay 19$ for 9 holes which i thought was outragous.

Now if i was to play at a really nice coarse then I wouldnt have a problem with paying the money but I rarely spend more than 25$ for 18 holes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
depending on the course when i lived by purdue university it was close to 50 for 18 holes but the courses where pristine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I try my best to keep it under $75 per round at home, but there are certainly be times when I pay more, a lot more. Pebble Beach (I think I paid $425 to play there once) and Spyglass Hills ($275 several times) out here, not to mention the number of decent-to-good courses here that charge $100+. My wife and I also go to Hawaii annually to play golf. Most of the courses there charge $150+. A guys' trip scheduled for Bandon Dunes in July, where it will be 6 day's of $200+ per day.

I would be SO much better off financially if I wasn't hooked on this game....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Local Course - 22 dollars for 18 walking.
You can buy a pass for 550 that is free for the entire year, have a combo pass for 375 that is 7 dollars for 18 holes untili june, then it is free after that.
The most I have paid was 135, that was at the TPC course in Scottsdale Arizona. Was worth the money to see the course, but I would be paying that all the time to play it

·
Registered
11 Posts
For us average guys................

Not_My_Style said:
I'll pay up to $50 a round for 18 holes. There are many courses around that won't break the bank but still give you an enjoyable round. I know that Cog Hill costs around $300 or something to play but it's supposed to be great. It's where they used to host the Western Open (Chicagoland area). What does everybody think?
Well, since I have a couple of hobbies that can be pricy (computers and golf and video games) and have a family and my wife limits my play money, spending the average of like 25 bucks to play is real reasonable. A lot of courses will lean toward keeping the rates low so the average everyday golfer can afford to play at least twice a week.

Now for the die hard golfers, spending a lot more for a round is kewl especially if you and some buddies make a week of it once a year to hit as many golf courses that you can!!!!!

AND I promise you if I spend a couple hundred bucks on a round of golf, I will get a triple bogey on every hole....hahahahahahahahahaha....j/k!!!!

Later-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts