Golf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just ran across this site while searching for golf stuff. I currently live in Houston, Tx. I have been a 'club tech' at a couple of well known golf stores in Chicago and Dallas, so maybe I can contribute to the repair questions. I'm currenlty playing Taylormade CGB irons, but those are being retired for a newly acquired set of Ping ISI B. Copper irons (back to the old Ping design for me!). My driver is an R7, Hogan hybrids and an R7 3 wood. Oh, and I'm left handed and 6'8" (which is how I got involved in club building).
I am an independent management consultant by profession and look forward to spending some time here!

·
Registered
103 Posts
While not 6'8" I have always felt that clubs were never long enough for me. I'm a lefty too and I'm about 6'3...I'm considering buying some new irons and I'm going to go for the custom fitting this time. The irons I have now I won (Callaway x-18s) so I never really had a choice on length and didn't really want to spend $60 or so per club for new shafts and grips...oh, and welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, that's how I got into club building. I remember the first set of irons I lengthened, the local golf shop sold me pieces of dowel wood to extend the clubs (Lynx Predators). Well, needless to say the dowel wood broke loose after a while. Talk about inspiring confidence in your backswing when the club wiggles in your hands:D

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts