Golf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gibson Bay- Richmond, Kentucky
http://www.gibsonbay.com/

It is located about 20-25min South of Lexington on I-75. It connects to a nice city park with a Lake called Lake Reba. Very nice course worth the visit. It is made up of an 18 hole course and a par-3 short course, It is fun but challenging enoungh to frustrate you at times. It is priced very very reasonable also.

And definatley stop bar the restruant (which connects to the pro shop) and get some of thier hot dogs, they are unbelievable. :thumbsup:

I play this course about once a week if possible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Bright Leaf Golf Course

Bright Leaf Golf Course- Harrodsburg, Kentucky
http://www.brightleafgolfresort.com/

This course is located just a few miles South of Harrodsburg Kentucky, between Harrodsburg and Danville on US-127. It is a very nice golf course perfect for a golf outing, I have been thier on many occasions the people are great, it contains an 18 hole course, a 9 hole course and a 9 hole par-3 short course. There is a hotel, a restruant, a pool and workout facility on site so if you want a great golf outing in the bluegrass this is it.
I know this course like the back of my hand hand because I played my High School golf there and it is a spectacular course. With spectacular prices, everyone in the region wants to travel to The Peninsula for thier golf outings, DO NOT DO IT try Bright Leaf I had a much better experiance at Bright Leaf, much better service, closer to town and a much better course in much better shape :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arlington Country Club

Arlington Country Club- Richmond, Kentucky
http://www.arlington.eku.edu/golf/

Wow, where do I begin, I would say go try the course if you know some one who has a membership but honestly I don't know if the people there want you too. What I mean by this is, Arlington CC is owned by Eastern Kentucky University and the students have the ability to go there and play or use the driving/chipping range for the price of greens fees. That is one of the perks of going to EKU.

On the other side of the token most of the memebers of Arlington CC are professors at the University who do not want thier Country Club over ran by young college kids. So I went there to check it out.

Let me start by saying I am of the age where I look like a college kid and I was treated like a [email protected]$% when I showed up there. After talking to the locals in the area, I was told the staff at the CC always treat college kids that way to try to "run them off." That way it keeps the kids from coming back, and it was such a terrible display of buisiness I won't be back. I am not going to get caught up in thier soap opera.

However the cousre was pretty nice the prices are decent for a country club. Although I have seen better. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Top 3 Courses

The top 4 courses that I have played in Kentucky are as follows. I have not played southwest or south yet. Everything else (public courses) is included.

TOP 4 BY LAYOUT
(1) Eagle Ridge
(2) Old Silo
(3) Hidden Cove
(4) Lassing Pointe

TOP 4 BY CONDITION
(1) Hidden Cove
(2) Eagle Ridge
(3) Old Silo

TOP 3 OVERALL
(1) Hidden Cove
(2) Old Silo
(3) Eagle Ridge

We are dealing with top of the line golf courses. I am not sure how Hidden Cove's conditioning can be better. Maybe the rough and they could probably cross cut the fairways like the PGA Tour. Eagle Ridge is different only because their tee boxes are cut round instead of square like the PGA Tour. It is stealing to pay $19.75 with cart (3:30PM) at Eagle Ridge or Hidden Cove. I am in shock with $42.75 on Saturday morning. You are a fool to not play them regardless of distance. Four guys with breakfast in the local Super 8 is $15 per golfer. Old Silo prices are also good at $49 on Saturday morning. Lassing Pointe at 3:00PM charging $51.00 is overpriced.

Looking forward to the other Kentucky state park signature courses. Here are links to the Kentucky courses.

PostStats - National Golf Community

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.