Golf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does or has anyone here played or know what lacrosse is?
I have played a little lacrosse with my brother and friends. It is a really fun game that was amde up by the indians a long time ago. It is now becomming very popular in the eastern United States where I live.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quoted from Wikipedia:-

Lacrosse is a fast-paced team sport played by two teams of ten players (men) or twelve players (women), each of whom use netted sticks (called the crosse) in order to pass and catch a rubber ball with the aim of scoring goals by projecting the ball into the opponent's goal.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ah, now... there's a good sport!

check out the Toronto Rock lacrosse team - all great fellows and they all work full time jobs in addition to playing the short season!

no spoiled rich kids in this sport, which is why it appeals to me!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have played lacrosse a few times and I have really enjoyed it. It is a fun game to play but the balls are really hard rubber.

·
Registered
160 Posts
oh, yeah - I've winced a lot when I see the players in shorts and they're whacking each other with those sticks... it's a very physical game!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thumperfive said:
ah, now... there's a good sport!

no spoiled rich kids in this sport, which is why it appeals to me!
you're right those guys don't make much money playing box lacrosse, but field lacrosse (which is played in the NCAA and most popular in the northeastern US) is nothing but spoiled rich kids

1 - 8 of 8 Posts