Golf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thomas Levet is happy to be leading the Open de España after hitting a second round 67, despite a back injury he feels he sustained doing television commentary at The Masters last month.

"It's since working with you guys," he told reporters. "I'm not a sitting person - I'm a standing person.

"I spent hours in a chair and it started getting stiff. There were also two long flights and it's been bad for three weeks."

The Frenchman believes that the crucial hole was the tenth, where he managed to salvage a par after two bad approach shots had left him a 21-foot putt.

“The tenth was the turning point, right after the bogey on the ninth,” admitted Levet.

“I hit a bad driver to the left and went 20 meters off, hit a seven iron to the left of the green, to a hill then to the bunker and I holed the putt from 21 feet for par.

“This par turned it all around because I could have lost concentration, and from then I played very well until the end. I love PGA Golf de Catalunya, this is my favourite course in Spain, I like it even more than Sevilla. I enjoy playing in Spain because of the food, the Jamón.”

1 - 1 of 1 Posts