Golf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know there's so many out there. My driving with my current driver is useless, and it's really starting to tick me off. I just slice everything.
So, preferably with a draw setting, what is a long, but forgiving driver that'll reduce my slice?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hmm. You sound like me. I recently switched to a Taylormade R7 Draw driver and it turned my slice in to a very manageable fade.

However, most of the advice you're gonna get is to fix your swing rather than change your club, which is definitely sound advice as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey,

Before buying one. It's best for you to check the driver you want to buy and try them out first, both on the driving range and fairway.

Sometimes, the ball goes straight at the driving range and does not perform the same on the fairway.

For me, if you want to have a nice driver that will go straight Try Mizuno MX 560 or MP 600. These baby rock!

With MX 560, even a out to in will make your ball go straight

With a MP 600, you just have to adjust the weight, and it will make your ball straight. It's like those r7 Driver with MWT, minus the screws.

Try them first before buying them.

Last is, seek a professional help on your slice, Your hand rotation is not moving correct. Hence the slice or fade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think your should try the 08 Cobras, Burners or the Cally Hyper X. They're all long and easy to hit. If you're a good ball striker try the "pro" model.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why not fix your slice with lessons and practice instead of a draw setup on your driver?
or... you can be one of those douchebags with the horrific slices that have to aim 60 yards left of their target to get it in the fairway. They are cool. Driving 200 yrds while slicing 70 yrds is hot.

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
Why not fix your slice with lessons and practice instead of a draw setup on your driver?
or... you can be one of those douchebags with the horrific slices that have to aim 60 yards left of their target to get it in the fairway. They are cool. Driving 200 yrds while slicing 70 yrds is hot.

Your first idea was a good one lesson would be good to help fix his slice. But you may have been a little off the mark with the rest. Just for an example I know of someone I play with from time to time who has a shoulder injury that gives him a slice so a wieghted club to fix this is quiet useful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Leaving the cranky smarty britches out of the mix...

I think, because I have done it myself, that you should seek a little bit of help with your swing. Next play all of the drivers you can get ahold of. Here in Sacramento I can go to Haggin Oaks and try out every single driver in the building.
I did some research on the web prior to my test runs. I have a 25 handicap and am considered a "game improvement" player. Ok. So I find the clubs that fit that category and try them all.

I wound up with the Cleveland XL270 Ultralight. I hit it 240 on the first try and nearly dead straight. No it wasn't a draw. I did well with the K15 (Ping) and the FT-iZ (Callaway). I then tried the irons.

I hit the K/G-15's (Ping), Burner 2.0 (TM), Callaway Diablo Edge, and the Adams Redline. Hit the Redlines and the Edges equally well. I ended up with the Redlines because of cost. They came in significantly less than the Edges.

The point is. Find out where you are. Have someone (pro) help you with a swing eval on your driver. Try every single driver that would help you. Not just the draws. :)

Just my thoughts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts