Golf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband is always telling his story about when he got the autograph of Phil Mickelson several years back. He said he was a pleasant guy and seemed really friendly.

Have any of you ever met any of the big golfers? What was your impession of them?

·
Registered
96 Posts
haha, you mean "lefty" well i only got a couple autographs of woods, but that was mailed..so i didn't really meet him. but i bet you they'll just treat you like any other fan. they think your unimportant

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wish I could have met up with some golfers. I once entered a contest to see if I could go to the PGA tour but I lost :(. When I grow up, I am going to try and go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I caddied for an unknown by the name of Robert Meyer during a couple of Canadian Tour events in 92/93, and I got to meet some future tour winners like Chris Dimarco, Steve Stricker (too bad he didn't win the open yesterday), Grant Waite, Ian Leggatt, Guy Boros, etc. It was pretty cool, even though you never knew it at the time that they would be future winners on the PGA Tour. Back then, they were fighting it out for a top prize of $18K Canadian, and I was making a whopping $40/day looping for my guy...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes I got an autograph with Adam Scott last year at the Mastercard Masters. I got tons of pics and you can see them at the Adam Scott fan forum (link in sig) He was so adorable signing autographs for basically everyone! I didn't really get to 'talk' to him as such..i was too chicken..i think any teenage girl would be :p

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Played junior tournaments with Fuzzy Zoeller another lifetime ago.

I've met Jerry Heard, Frank Beard, Bobby Nichols, Gay Brewer, Doug Finsterwald and a lot of the older LPGA pros when I worked at Hunting Creek Country Club in the early 70's. They hosted an LPGA event.

·
Registered
316 Posts
actually my uncle went pro and he has played with alot of pros most recent was Nick Price and he teaches celebritys and rich people to golf like oprah and john travolta.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts