Golf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frankie Miñoza carded a one-under-par 69 but continued to slide in the standings after the third round of the $1.2-million 50th The Crowns tournament of the Japan Golf Tour in Nagoya, Japan.

Miñoza was now in a four-way jam at eighth place with a 205 and maintained his outside hopes of a victory which carry a pot of $330,000 played at the 6,531-yard Wago layout of the Nagoya Golf Club.

“My aim is to get to the top three. If I can see an opening, I will definitely go for the title," said Miñoza, who will retire from regular Asian Tour action and join the Senior Tour next year.

Japanese Tetsuji Hiratsuka extended his lead with a sizzling performance on penultimate day. He made headway with a six-under 66 for a 54-hole total of 13-under 197 and a four-stroke buffer from countryman and first-round leader Hiroyuki Fujita.

A further two shots back in a share of third place are Taichi Teshima, Toru Suzuki and Takao Nogami while New Zealander David Smail and Ryuichi Oda both posted 66s to climb into equal sixth on 204

1 - 1 of 1 Posts