Golf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a weekend golfer and over the summer my game has gotten better (I usually just play 9 holes because I get bored after that and I usually shoot a 40 on a par 36 course).

I currently have a set of Ping Zings that I got about 9 years ago and hit them fairly accurately. However, I think it's time for new irons and I'm interested in blades as I would like more "feel" when striking the ball.

I have two specific questions:

1. What's some differences between the Mizuno MP-32/33/37 irons? I'm interested in some pros and cons for each.
2. In your opinion should I get Nike Forged Blades or Mizuno MP-32/33/37 (whichever one is the most similer to the Nike Forged Blades) and why?

Thanks in advance for your inputs. Your input will help me decide on my next investment.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
IMHO the Mizuno irons are great, if you have the talent to use them to their best effect. I have never seen a set of the Nike forged blades in the flesh. Nobody around me carries them.

The Nike set I saw last weekend while waiting at an Edwin Watts store for my clubs to be regripped was the progressive irons. I hit a few on the indoor range and liked the look, setup and feel a lot. I also like the thought behind the technology. Whether it works, I honestly don't know, but it makes sense to me and I suppose that's all that is important.

If you aren't familiar with them, the basic concept is that the long irons are a cavity back. The middle irons are a cavity back with a muscle bulge in the cavity. The short irons are a muscle back. The heads appeared rather small to me, but they felt way too good for my credit card's comfort zone.

·
Registered
800 Posts
One thing I would say about the MP32's is that you must be a good consistent striker of the ball. This is a general rule of thumb for any blade type club, but you have a smaller sweet spot, so if you take anything slightly out of the toe or the heel, the ball will go no where.

If your swing is nice and consistent then try the Mizunos, bought mine early this year and have really fallen in love with them.

Its true what they say, Nothing feels like a Mizuno.

I am yet to personally see any Nikes in action.

Best thing to do would be to try and locate a demo-day near you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mizuno makes the best players irons in the world, before the days of huge endorsement contracts 70% of tour players used mizunos. that changed when titleist began offering millions of dollars to player to use their clubs. Nike irons are not as good, they are coming out with a new set in november that is supposed to be better, go for the mizunos

·
Registered
464 Posts
My opinion would be use the Mizuno baldes mainly because i fell that they have a better ball flight and are a little easier to hit however the Nikes are still good adn they also have a good ball flight but if your askin i would say the Mizunos

·
Registered
163 Posts
From playing lots of AJGA events (the top national junior circuit) mizuno and titleist are by far the most common brands. That says something about quality when the best juniors in the world play irons made by such a small company. I have seen maybe 2-3 sets of nikes, their owners were all Tiger wannabe losers. I play the Mizuno MP-32's and while I have never hit the Nikes I stand by Mizuno as the best clubs You can buy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.