Golf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a post that is blogging my way through developing a consistent swing, so I'd consider myself a beginner although I've played years ago. I have my old MacGregor DX cavity backed irons that suit me well; however, a 3-P set of MX23 forged cavity back irons came up for sale in my area for what I think is a good price. I've read that these clubs are quite forgiving with a large sweetspot. Has anyone had any experience with these irons, and what is your feeling about their skill level?

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
With skill level for clubs yes there is a difference but it can come down to individual feel as well have you played these clubs before? If you like then see if you can have a swing with then to see if they feel good to you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shouldn’t be looking at a new ironset at my level, but I’m really feeling ‘into it’ right now, and the reviews are fantastic on these irons for a high handicapper. I don’t think I’ll have a chance to hit them other than some practice swings. The seller has them for sale for $150, which seems about right from what I’ve seen. I’m thinking about going for them, although I’ll have some ‘splaining’ to do with the wife. She doesn’t quite get it….Yet!:confused::confused::eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts