Golf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I thought that last years Champions, the Chicago White Sox, had a fluke season and can not repeat the success they had last year.

To get that out of the way I personally hope, and think, that the NY Yankees will go all of the way and get back on the horse. With Boston losing a key player like Johnny Damon I feel that they can't pose a threat in the AL East. As for other threats in the MLB I feel that the Anahiem Angels, Texas Rangers and suprisingly the Washington Nationals have a chance.

This is just me rambling, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, i can say for certain not the Blue Jays...depressing, we cant put together a winning team in anything :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about that, they picked up some key players in the off season, and they wern't a push over in the regular season last year.

I am not saying they deffinitaly going to win but don't count out any one. Most of the World Champs of the past couple of years have been the Wild Card.

Anything can happen in baseball, hell the Red Sox won a World Series!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am a fan of the Orioles. They had a good run last year but it did not end up as I would of hoped. I think that this year will be a better year with Boston as a smaller threat because of the loss of Damon.

I cant believe they didn't resign him!

·
Registered
31 Posts
lets go giants. if barry bonds stays healthy he makes the team at least twice as good. maybe he ends up with a world series title this year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
SportPok said:
As for other threats in the MLB I feel that the Anahiem Angels, Texas Rangers and suprisingly the Washington Nationals have a chance.

This is just me rambling, what do you guys think?
Those are 3 teams out of about 20 that would have a shot.

There are only a few that you can pretty much cancel out: Royals, Tampa Bay, Cinci, Colorado, Brewers, Arizona, and Florida..

and a few in the middle: Detroit, Philly, Pirates, and toronto.

Personally i would love to see the padres go deep in the playoffs, but who knows.. the level of competition is pretty even this season.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Like my fellow Canadian, I would love to see the Blue Jays go all the way, but I doubt it's going to happen. They sure started off nicely, but last night was a disappointment. The new guys in the lineup must be wondering if they're in the right place about now, after a pretty great opener.

I'm not sure who has the best shot this year. Whenever I pick someone to win, they don't ... so I'm not even gonna try this year except to say I wish it could be the Blue Jays!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Baseball's been interesting so far, even though we're only a couple games in. Some games have been really unpredictable, some that you thought were going to be blowouts were huge blowouts, and some that you thought were going to be blowouts by one team were blowouts by the other. It's crazy.

but then again, it's crazy every year

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I have seen the first week of the 2006 season, I have little faith in my New York Yankees. Although they always get off to a bad start it is disheartning to see them lose three of their first four games. And the Mets are doing just as I thought they would. I am really looking forward to seeing what they are going to do this year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think is awfully too early to determine which one will be the winner of the World Series, because anything could happen!!!

But following the post, my pics are:

Yankees
Angels
Indians
Rangers

I hope Yankees win, though...:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think that this year the Mets are doing great but I dont think they are going to win. I would have to say that the team that everyone loves to hate is going to win the New York Yankees or Boston.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts