Golf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Too many to remember, much less to mention.

Winning... at various levels from junior golf to high school to college.

Before I made the golf team at the University of Louisville, I was the intramural golf champion, a competition primarily between fraternities. Coming home to the fraternity house with the trophy in hand was a real fun memory.

Playing in my first professional tournament, playing badly, but still winning $5 because in a blind draw for a card matching bit of silliness, I was matched with the guy who came in 2nd and he dragged me up into the money. I spent the $5 and more buying him dinner that night.

Setting a course record. I caught lightning in a bottle one day at Caymanas Golf Club in Spanishtown, Jamaica and shot 66 in a tournament there. It included an albatross and I'm told 39 years later, it's still the only albatross on the second hole at Caymanas.

I think I'd say my fondest memory was the day I took my grandchildren to buy their first sets of clubs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too many to remember, much less to mention.

Winning... at various levels from junior golf to high school to college.

Before I made the golf team at the University of Louisville, I was the intramural golf champion, a competition primarily between fraternities. Coming home to the fraternity house with the trophy in hand was a real fun memory.

Playing in my first professional tournament, playing badly, but still winning $5 because in a blind draw for a card matching bit of silliness, I was matched with the guy who came in 2nd and he dragged me up into the money. I spent the $5 and more buying him dinner that night.

Setting a course record. I caught lightning in a bottle one day at Caymanas Golf Club in Spanishtown, Jamaica and shot 66 in a tournament there. It included an albatross and I'm told 39 years later, it's still the only albatross on the second hole at Caymanas.

I think I'd say my fondest memory was the day I took my grandchildren to buy their first sets of clubs.
/ That were great memories I would say but I was touched when you wrote that your fondest memory was the day you took your grandchildren to buy their first sets of clubs.Respect!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts