Golf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the most famous golf course you've ever played?

Of course, the definition of famous is up for grabs, but I'm talking about courses like Augusta National, St. Andrews, Pebble Beach, etc.

As for me, when I was in college I caddied for someone on Pebble Beach but I've never played on a famous course. The place where I worked that summer used to take clients there to play and sometimes I'd caddy for one of them. Super-beautiful course. It was one of the highlights of my life to even be able to be there as many times as I got to that summer (plus made some good tips even though they weren't supposed to tip me).

·
Registered
24 Posts
King and Bear

King and Bear at the world golf villiage, not really the most famous but the nicest one i have played.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Old Course at St Andrews

im trying to get the chance to play Carnoustie sometime soon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wentworth and Brabazon (Belfry)

Wentworth was defintly the better of the 2 courses

and alot harder

would love to go and play St Andrews

·
Registered
37 Posts
KillerB said:
Wentworth was defintly the better of the 2 courses

and alot harder

would love to go and play St Andrews
the Old Course is good but it isn't all that I expected
The New and Jubilee are the best there

can't wait for number 7

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kapalua on Maui. B-E-A-Utiful course. Of course it's hard to go wrong on Hawaii.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Even though the greens would demolish me i would like to play at Augusta National

·
Registered
464 Posts
i was in this tournament before and this guy i was playing with was a student at the university of st andrews and he got to play the old course for free whenever he wanted

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with Dsco, Maui is beautiful! Of course, I just love anything about Hawaii so it works well. But the most famous I have ever played was Pebble - amazing course.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Whats your favorite hole at pebble...mine has to be the 183 yard par 3 that jack nickalous built

·
Registered
2 Posts
similar to the other thread going at the moment...

the most famous course i've played is augusta or pine valley, depending on whether you're talking to a golfer or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haven't yet, but this summer I'm interning at Merion Golf Club, so I'll get to play the East course there. Ranked #7. I can also play Augusta National, but waiting to get a little better before I embarass myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Karsten Creek or Southern Hills

Both courses are awesome, but even though karsten's greens roll super fast, i think southern hills roll just a bit faster (lightning fast) Sorry thats about the closest to any decent course where i live. let me know what you all think:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
St. Andrews Bay

The most famous course that I've played on is the Torrance course at St.andrews Bay, designed by none other than Sam Torrance (hence the name) It is a gorgeous course, which I managed not to embaress myself by playing okay :p I only stay 20 mins from St.Andrews, which is ace for any golfer, havent played the old course yet, but it's definitely on my list. I'm up at St. Andrews at least once a month, a great place to visit.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Doral Blue, the Old Course and Carnoustie.

I'm playing the Doral Silver Course on Saturday afternoon. It's a strange course with little sand, but instead, it looks like elephants were buried around the greens. They use these mounds with extremely long grass as the hazards instead of lakes or bunkers.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I survived the 40 mph winds at the Silver course... They have reduced the mounds, increased the sand and water... BOY, have they increased the water. The architect had to be enormously talented to know where to build those lakes right under where my ball was going to land. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pebble Beach, TPC Sawgrass, Atlanta Athletic Club, Bay Hill, and Doral Blue Monster are some of the famous one's. Most famous likely Pebble Beach.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts