Golf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new golfer with little experience, I am planning on buying a new Nike Sasquatch, which degree should I get I was thinking 10.5 but am wondering if I should go higher, I am 6 foot 3 200 pounds strong swing and I slice almost every time I put a little power into my swing.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Loft is only part of it, I would go try a few with different strength shafts in to see if any help with the slice problem.

The lower the loft the more sideways spin will be imparted on the ball. But, dont go out and buy a drive with a loft of 14 degrees so that your slice isnt that bad.

You would be better off getting a couple of lessons to try and cure the slice so that you could benefit from a driver with 10 degree of loft or less for more distance.

On the weekend I had a little test with my friends G2 driver.

I use a titleist 983K on a stiff shaft with 8.5 loft, I hit this then right after using the same brand ball I hit his ping G2 on a regular flex and 11 degrees of loft.

Both went like rockets, but as you would expect the G2 went a lot higher, but from the tee they both looked like great shots.

When I got down to the balls, one was atleast 30 yards longer and that was the one from my driver.

Now whilst there is still human error to be accounted for in this, i.e. I cant guarentee that I hit them both exactly the same, there was no difference in my swing or set up that I noticed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Something else you might want to consider is length of the shaft. At 6'3", that's pretty tall. When I swing my wifes clubs, I slice like a son of a gun, and her shafts are pretty short.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You're a pretty big dude, and as a GENERAL rule, faster swings = higher shots, so 10.5, or even 9-9.5 (whatever they offer) should be fine.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Tried one of these over the weekend, very nice drivers.

Was quite funny, I was playing this fella who is lower handicap - first time he had used his driver, he asked me to try it, he hit first, I hit second and put the ball past him with his own driver :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts