Golf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is that, that for about 20 years no one ever got a hole in one at the 12 th hole at the Masters?? There are the best players in the world and they always get so close, thats almost impossible not to get a hole in one in 20 years...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that's largely due to players rarely being able to actually shoot at hole locations. The swirling winds at #12 (Golden Bell) and the severe penalty for missing the green in the wrong spots have obviously been a huge factor. Throw in the absence of luck and you have your answer.

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
yes A hole in one anywhere is chellanging and it always requires that bit of luck it will happen 1 day I think just when..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Florida Golf Course

Why is that, that for about 20 years no one ever got a hole in one at the 12 th hole at the Masters?? There are the best players in the world and they always get so close, thats almost impossible not to get a hole in one in 20 years...
yeah,you made me think of that also.. is there any golfer in the world that happened to shoot the ball in 12th hole at the masters? if that so,she/he was so great perfect. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's one thing to be able to get the ball even on the green from 200 yards out, messy winds, and the playing conditions they face. It's another thing to get the ball within 10 feet.. and it's ANOTHER to even think about getting a hole in one there. If anyone does, which I doubt it will, it's all by luck.. well, a little skill, but mostly luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts