Golf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have a big old St Bernard hand puppet for my driver...The "Big Dog" as I put it. The joke is he doubles as my swing coach, and watch dog. His name is "H.C., and he watches me "play like a dog" sometimes. My 3,5, and 7 metal woods have Green Bay Packer overs on them. I also have a monkey hand puppet for my putter. He was a gift, and has a nice little hat he wears. His name is "Alice" as in "hit the ball Alice". All my other clubs have generic, rubber covers on them. The covers on my irons just protects them from bumping into each other. I use hand puppets because they are less expensive than regular, made for golf head covers. They even look better imho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My driver has a replica of my beagle "Buddy" I've had questions like "is that a St Bernard?" Is that a "Bassett Hound" but never hey cute beagle. I still say it looks like a beagle.

I guess I've never thought about it watching me play or talking to me, never really thought of it doing anything that living, breathing, things do, but I have noticed that when I leave my driver and hybrid in the bag together he seems to always be humping the hybrid when I return to the cart.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I have 3 novelty headcovers, but they are currently on my spare set I keep for visitors who don't want to pay airlines to ship their clubs on vacations to Miami.

One is a Jimmy Buffett parrot. One is a Garfield the Cat looking figure that I used to use. It reminded me I'm not Tiger. The other was a gift from a friend. On a trip to Jamaica, he got me a Rastafarian headcover in the colors of the Jamaican flag. It's a guy with dreadlocks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have three novelty head covers that I use - a bulldog for my driver, a koala bear for my wood and a hawk for my hybrid. My daughter who is turning two often mistook my head covers for her toys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts