1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aston Oaks- North Bend, Ohio
Link to Aston Oaks Web Site
(513) 467-0070

This course is close to The greater Northern Kentucky Airport (cinci) it is a Nicklaus Designed course is in the process of a make over right now. It is still absolutely beautiful though with breath taking views of, streams, lakes, ponds, wooded areas and the Ohio River however it does need some cosmetic work. The greens have bare spots on them, the fairways have muddy areas and there is a lot of construction being done.

Here is a hint, if you want a membership to this course, get it now while the course looks rough because there were people working everywhere to repair this course even as I played today, so in 1 year the membership will double its self. The course was built several years ago and the previous owners didn’t understand the difficulty of owning a golf course of this size. Well, just recently a new ownership purchased the course and have begun to pour a ton of money into it, in order to make it as nice as it once was. At this point they are about 1 ½ yrs away. However if you are in the Northern Kentucky Southern Ohio area (around the Cincinnati airport) stop by and play the course you will like it. Especially if they are still giving out the $30 discount rate I received today.

Okay… just because I play a lot of different courses don’t mean I am good and this course kicked my butt today. However it was as much fun to play as any I can remember. I almost guarantee you will have to use ever club in your bag and every thing in between. It is 6,908yards from the black tees and 5,019 from the white so everyone can find a place to play. There are deer everywhere and they are tame as can be, its almost weird how close they get. This course would be a hunters heaven.

Oh yeah, it is a very long walk from hole to hole so if you are thinking about walking…. ha ha think again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
StoneLick Hills Golf Club

StoneLick Hills Golf Club- Batavia, Ohio
StoneLick Hills Golf Club Website

This course is very close to the Greater Northern Kentucky Airport, and a short drive from Cinci

All I can say is wow, this place is so nice. It is on a whole other lever than anything I have ever played (that was not located in AZ). Very well kept, puts other courses to shame in the Southern Ohio area (even the Greg Norman designed Elks Run) this is nothing but a well groomed beautiful golf course. The club house looks like something on the front of a post card, completely beautiful. If I had to rate this course 1-10 I would give it an 11.

Make sure you come prepared though; the pro shop might be the most expensive one I have ever seen. I think I had to pay $100 for a Snickers bar. Also bring plenty of one dollar bills there are people catering to your every need and it is respectful to tip them. While you are on the 18th green you will get your clubs detailed and you want to still have a few left over dollar bills to tip for that.

As far as difficulty, it is challenging as you make it, if you execute your tee shot, your second is a fairly simple one, and so on… if you start messing up you will be 10 shots above your average in now time like I was. This course beat me. I will be back because the first time there I was two struck by the courses beauty to play a good round.

·
Registered
800 Posts
That course looks fantastic, thats the sort of place I would love to play golf.

I must get myself out to the states at some point...

JBHOLMES said:
StoneLick Hills Golf Club- Batavia, Ohio
StoneLick Hills Golf Club Website

This course is very close to the Greater Northern Kentucky Airport, and a short drive from Cinci

All I can say is wow, this place is so nice. It is on a whole other lever than anything I have ever played (that was not located in AZ). Very well kept, puts other courses to shame in the Southern Ohio area (even the Greg Norman designed Elks Run) this is nothing but a well groomed beautiful golf course. The club house looks like something on the front of a post card, completely beautiful. If I had to rate this course 1-10 I would give it an 11.

Make sure you come prepared though; the pro shop might be the most expensive one I have ever seen. I think I had to pay $100 for a Snickers bar. Also bring plenty of one dollar bills there are people catering to your every need and it is respectful to tip them. While you are on the 18th green you will get your clubs detailed and you want to still have a few left over dollar bills to tip for that.

As far as difficulty, it is challenging as you make it, if you execute your tee shot, your second is a fairly simple one, and so on… if you start messing up you will be 10 shots above your average in now time like I was. This course beat me. I will be back because the first time there I was two struck by the courses beauty to play a good round.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cincinnati Courses

Legendary Run on the east side is conditioned very well. Shaker Run is the course to play. Lassing Pointe has a wonderful layout, but lacks conditioning.

Stonelick Hills has lots of problems with their tee boxes. The rest of the conditioning is excellent. The two finishing holes plus clubhouse compliment each other. The 3 together are a must see and the best in Ohio for sure. Take the wife some cool afternoon and have lunch on the patio while watching golf.

The course layout lacks visual. There are a couple of nice looking shots on the course, but primarily so flat that the course cannot be seen except where your ball is sitting. By no means is the course boring, but looking at the yardage book and playing the course is a let down. The range was top of the line and overall course is Top 20 in Ohio. It is impossible to state the course is beautiful unless you are standing on the clubhouse patio.

Shaker Run
PostStats - Shaker Run Golf Club

Legendary Run
PostStats - Legendary Run Golf Course

Lassing Pointe
PostStats - Lassing Pointe Golf Course

Stonelick Hills
PostStats - The Golf Club at Stonelick Hills

1 - 5 of 5 Posts