Golf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I've decided to treat myself and I'm thinking of buying one of two clubs off of ebay. One is a "WILSON FAT BOY II 19 DEGREE HYBRID 4 IRON FATBOY 2" and is selling for $25 US and the other is a "Nike CPR Iron-Wood Utility Club/Hybrid RH" and is going for $42 US. I need to know soon because there is not much time left on each auction. All opinions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
save your money on both and buy the Ping G5 Hybrid 19* I have the G5 19* and love that club, just dont play it, i just play my 4 iron. Dont even know why i have the hybrid but it does make a nice shot. Easy to hit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Of those two, I'd go for the Fat Boy. Are they new or used?

Let us know which one you went for and when you get it, if it was as advertised, OK? I've never bought a club on eBay, but have been tempted at times. Just not sure that I wouldn't wind up with a miniature of a golf club instead of the full-sized thing or something dumb like that :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were used so I decided to sleep on it and when I woke up the auction was closed. So I missed out. I guess I'll just wait for the next good deal comes up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree on the "don't buy used clubs" thing. The only time I'd suggest that as a cost savings measure is for a beginner or someone who isn't sure they want to play consistently or not. But from your posts, I think you're a die-hard golfer, so I'd save up the pennies and buy new. So I think it's probably lucky that you slept through the auctions and didn't have a sniper program ready to make that final high bid.

How much did the clubs wind up going for in comparison to a new one? It may not be worth it if the difference between the two (used versus new) is not that great. Even then, I'd be very cautious. I always like to try before I buy, even if it's just hitting some fake shots in the store.

·
Registered
160 Posts
you have to be careful with used items - they could be seriously mangled and you can't tell from the pictures and if you want to try and return them or whatnot it's a huge mess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts