Golf Forum banner

Photos of our playgrounds.

32K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  Jan 
#1 ·
Just thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can post photos of our playgrounds. We already have one for our playthings.

#2 ·
Now... here's a merged pano of the 18th (with glimpses of the 9th and 10th) at Foothills Golf Course in SW Denver. This is my home course... where I work as a starter and play much of my golf.

#4 ·
Hope that house isn't in range... ;) I look forward to seeing the course in its summer plumage. :D

#5 ·
Nah the house is safe. :D It's actually across the fairway for number 5, it runs parallel to the back of the house. It's actually in more danger from my slice off the tee on 5 than my wife from one. ;)

#7 · (Edited)
This is one of the holes I played while in Utah. Actually this is just a test to see if I can up load a pict to this thread.

Success.....

#8 ·
Monroe Country Club

Here are a few shots as promised of my former home course, Monroe Country Club. I'm moving south, back home to Louisiana soon, I'm hoping to find as good a course there. It's going to be hard to replace Monroe for the value though....

My best golf buddy, Page:

My next best golf buddy, Earl:

And, some random shots from around the course:

#10 ·
Applewood GC, South of Augusta is Worth a Visit

I just found you guys and am really happy to have a chance to tell you about some courses in the South. I'm a fan of exceptional courses in out-of-the-way places, and have hundreds of shots to share over time. Here are a couple... I hope you like them.
This is the signature Par 3 at Applewood Golf Course in Keysville, GA, just south of Augusta. If you're going to The Masters, a tip... this is the only course in the area that doesn't jack its rates thru the roof during Masters Week.

This is the tee shot on the first hole of one of the best courses in the South, but it's not always available for public play, but when it is, it's worth the effort to get there... Canyon Ridge Club and Resort, Rising Fawn, GA.

#11 ·
Welcome dsansomga they look like some nice courses I'd hate to spray my tee shot to the left on that 1st tee box I dont think I'd even bother looking for the ball.....

#12 ·
If this ain't heaven, it should be

I shoot a lot at Atlanta Country Club, and because I'm there so often I sometimes end up with some unusual golf course pics. Here are a few...

This was an incredible sunrise. I got out of my truck, set up my tripod and got this shot from the 9th green within about 5 minutes of driving in the parking lot.

This shot was taken later the same morning on the 5th hole.

Remember the night of the "Super Moon" a couple of weeks ago? This is Atlanta Country Club's 18th Green, with the clubhouse in the background.

#20 · (Edited)
I shoot a lot at Atlanta Country Club, and because I'm there so often I sometimes end up with some unusual golf course pics. Here are a few...

This was an incredible sunrise. I got out of my truck, set up my tripod and got this shot from the 9th green within about 5 minutes of driving in the parking lot.

This shot was taken later the same morning on the 5th hole.

Remember the night of the "Super Moon" a couple of weeks ago? This is Atlanta Country Club's 18th Green, with the clubhouse in the background.
That's incredibly gorgeous. Thank You!

#13 ·
Some more veery nice pics I love playing at sunrise sometime it can be hard to get up but the view is well worth it. even if you have an average round...

#15 · (Edited)
Here is is a photo of one of my locals Queenspark Golf course I think it was taken on the 6 tee box looking back towards the 5 green. It's been on my phone for a while.

Attachments

#17 · (Edited)
So I went to the site of the 2011 CPGA Boreal Open, Fort McMurray Golf Club, today with my high school buddy Glen. Took a few pics, course still has a ways to go before it's tournament ready (end of June), but not bad considering the winter.

Few seconds late, Glen picking up his tee after slicing into the left woods.

13 green from the cart path

View from 18 teebox, it's a 540 yd par 5:

#18 ·
It's questionable whether I'll be playing this weekend, but I'll try to remember to take a camera, wherever we go.

For my birthday last week, my wife got me a little book of famous golf quotes. I actually haven't heard a lot of them. What was nice about it was, by each quote, there was some spectacular photography. I wish there was a class I could take to learn golf course photography. It's not the same as landscape photography that I learned while doing a course from the New York Institute of Photography. When I see pictures like those above, I tend to only want to photograph Doral or the TPC, not the dog track we'll probably go to.

#21 · (Edited)
Took a couple more lately, beautiful days in northern Alberta.

View from the blue teebox of hole 16 at my home course. Athabasca River on the left, hole is a bit of a dogleg right. Very tough hole to drive on.

18th green from the parking lot after I loaded up my clubs.

Off the top of #6 teebox at Riverside in Edmonton. Downtown core in the background. Played there 2 weeks ago.

My camera is damaged so these are off my phone. Not too bad though.

#23 ·
It's not bad. Nothing too spectacular about it, but the fairways really came in well once we got some rain at the end of June. The back 9 is much nicer than the front at the moment.

#28 ·
This is great. A thread where photos can be posted and share to everyone. However, I would like to ask everyone if you can post some pictures that could help for a beginner like me in golf. I am a visual person, and I am more encourage to pursue my golf lessons if I can see how to do it visual. Thanks.

#29 ·
Hi Dawn, maybe you could try posting the pictures you'd like to see in the golf tips part of the forum and hopefully someone will post up an answer for you don't be shy to ask questions the guys here a pretty helpful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.